Knights & Merchants Shipping
9:06 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
A press release from e.p.i.c. interactive announces that their Mac port of the strategy title Knights & Merchants is now shipping. The game focuses on economic strategy, placing you in charge of winning back provinces which once belonged to your king. The real-time action forces you to quickly and efficiently organize your manufacturing and production in the most effective way. The game is also localized for English, German, French and Spanish speakers. Here's a list of features:
- about 25 different types of buildings , including horse stables, farms and schools.
- over a dozen different types of characters such as serfs, miners or winemakers
- 10 different types of military units including archers, Knights and pikemen
- realistic landscape display using complex Gouraud Shading techniques
- production processes portrayed in detailed animation (watch your horses grow : )
- rendered cutscenes
- onscreen hints and tutorial mode provide easy guidance to get started
- multiplayer Mode for upto 6 players in LAN
- 20 Singleplayer Missions
- 10 multiplayer maps
Check out both the e.p.i.c. and original Knights & Merchants sites for much more information on the game. You will most likely be able purchase the title at Mac-O-Rama, as they are usually the North American distributor for e.p.i.c.'s other titles including The Feeble Files and Earth 2140.
Knights & Merchants
Knights and Merchants
Buy Knights and Merchants
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 17, 2001
Friday, September 14, 2001
Thursday, September 13, 2001
Wednesday, September 12, 2001
Tuesday, September 11, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.