Return to Dark Castle Beta 6 Released
11:54 AM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
Z Sculpt Entertainment has just released Beta 6 of Return to Dark Castle, a remake of the classic black-and-white platform games we all loved to play on our Mac Classics. This latest beta has a host of bug fixes and new features, and is ready for public playtesting. Here is a list of changes:
- Developed the weapon system for storing/retrieving weapons from your inventory!
- Added the "Test Level" for debugging purposes, and for showing off new features, puzzle elements and character animations. (This level will likely change for future beta releases.)
- Added the original "bump-wall" and "jump-into-wall" character animations
- Added the original "head-bump-in-tunnel" character animation
- Added the original "roll-off-conveyor-belt" character animation
- Added some new "sewer" pieces, tunnels, and metal ladder rungs (w/ sounds)
- Fixed incompatibility issues with VGA and non-standard monitors
- The Demo playback feature has been temporarily disabled for this release
- Fixed conveyor belt roll-off glitch
- Fixed issues with using alternative weapons to defeat henchmen
- More internal bug fixes
Grab the beta from MacGameFiles.
Z Sculpt Entertainment
Dark Castle Beta 6 (6.7 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 11, 2001
Monday, September 10, 2001
Friday, September 7, 2001
Thursday, September 6, 2001
Wednesday, September 5, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.