Arcane Arena Beta 3 Available
3:46 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Freeverse Software has made good on their promise to provide a new build of their massively-mutliplayer online game Arcane Arena every Tuesday, as Beta 3 is now available. This currently free online game features chatting, combat and even dungeon crawling, live with potentially hundreds of other players. The game is still in the development stages at present, and seems to be evolving rapidly in response to player feedback. Here is a list of changes in this version:
KEY CHANGES IN THIS BUILDGrab the latest build and be sure to direct your feedback to the Freeverse team developing this title.
- Elevator in dungeon that whisks you to any level!
(Eventually this will be limited to dungeon levels you've already been to the hard way - via the stairs. :-)
- Merchants deep in the dungeon who will sell Arcane weapons and armor.
- Wolfpacks. 7% chance any battle in the dungeon will be with a group of 3-6 monsters.
- You can only directly attack someone in the dungeon who is within 3 levels of you.
- The maximum mana that can be spent on any one spell is now 5x your intelligence.
- Dozens of bug fixes!
Recent Mac Games News
Sunday, September 2, 2001
Friday, August 31, 2001
Thursday, August 30, 2001
Wednesday, August 29, 2001
Tuesday, August 28, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.