Rogue Spear Patch Available
11:34 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
VersionTracker has just noted that a patch for Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear has been released, after much anticipation by fans of this game. Not only does this patch address many bugs with the Mac port itself, it also provies a very important component of gameplay -- it improves multiplayer support between the Mac and PC versions of the game by including the latest two PC updates.
Here is the full list of changes:
What's new in this version: The last item seems to indicate that the patching process is still ongoing, so watch for future updates.
Review: Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
- Added InputSprocket z-axis support. Enables use of mouse wheel on some 3rd party mice. This may require you to reset your keyboard settings and disable any custom mouse software.
- Fixed some problems related to finding a compatible display.
- Fixed temporary file warning message.
- Fixed crashing problem when starting a new Rogue Spear single player game.
- Added option to the RS Utility tool to disable InputSprockets.
- Added option to the RS Utility tool to set the monitor to millions of colors while playing. This only works for resolutions greater than 640x480. The result may be a better image on some computers, but at the cost of using more memory.
- Removed use of SoundSprocket and added custom 3D sound simulation. Also makes use of EAX (Environmental Audio Extensions) if you have a Sound Blaster audio card installed.
- Added changes from the 2.51 and 2.52 PC updates. (See below.) In order for multiplayer games between Macs and PCs to work, all players must be running the same version. The Macintosh Urban Operations version is now 2.52. However, because of internal changes, the Rogue Spear portion of the game cannot be played against PC players. This should not be a problem since all multiplayer games are available from the Urban Operations portion of the game.
- There are a few known bugs still existing. In particular, some text may be truncated using ATI Radeon cards, "Random Maps" does not currently work in multiplayer games, and the "Ruined City" map may cause unexplained crashes in multiplayer. We are attempting to locate and correct these issues.
Rogue Spear 1.0.1 Patch (2.17 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, August 29, 2001
Tuesday, August 28, 2001
Monday, August 27, 2001
Friday, August 24, 2001
Thursday, August 23, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.