MW: GameRanger to support Rogue Spear
12:50 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
The popular GameRanger service is reporting that it will support Rogue Spear, the sequel to the popular Rainbow 6 game, which will be coming to the Mac this Fall. This realistic anti-terrorist game will be released by MacSoft around November and include full GameRanger support for playing with your Mac friends. Here's a bit more about Rogue Spear:
Rogue Spear is the highly anticipated sequel to Rainbow Six. Back in full forceThis is great news for Clancy fans, and we should be hearing lots more about MacSoft very soon. Our staff just met with them at MacWorld and have some great news to announce!
is Tom Clancy's hallmark realism and suspense. From a hostage situation at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art to an airplane hijacking, team Rainbow battles
deadly terrorists to save the world again. With both real-world strategy and
explosive action, features include new weapons and full sniper support. With
over 400 new motion capture moves, terrorists and hostages will react even more
Team members no longer bunch up in tight quarters, and can now move in a crouch
and peek around corners. Enhanced levels of details ensure a heightened sense
of realism: the frozen breaths of team members will be seen puffing from their
mouths; footprints are left behind in snow and mud; all-new wound effects on
terrorists and hostages, and added damage effects on in-game objects adds to
the intense game play. Guide your team with a joystick, add more terrorists
with the mission editor, and send friends a copy of your greatest attack with
the cinematic replay feature.
Some of the New Features:
- Replay feature allowing players to record a mission and then watch the
action from the perspective of any member on the team.
- Full new sniper support: sniper team member specialists, sniper weapons
and special planning & action phase controls for snipers
- Improved team AI will assist with preventing stuck or crowded team
- members in tight spaces
- New weapons and special items
- Multi-player arm patch to help distinguish team members
- Greater and more varied responses from terrorists and hostages
- Fantastic new wound effects with characters and damage effects with
- Improved special effects with grenades, weapons, and flashbangs
- Weather effects including snow & rain
- Move while crouched and peek around corners
- Joystick support
- Complete multiplayer support on GameRanger!
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, July 17, 2000
Friday, July 14, 2000
Thursday, July 13, 2000
Wednesday, July 12, 2000
Tuesday, July 11, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.