Play Warbirds III for Free, Among Other Things...
9:59 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
i Entertainment Network's Warbirds III site has recently been updated with several interesting bits of news. For those unfamiliar with the title, Warbirds III is a multiplayer online-only flight combat sim that takes place during World War II.
The game itself is available as a free download, but players normally have to pay a small montly online fee in order to play. However, for the month of August, free online accounts are being offered that will be good until September 4th. For players who are curious about Warbirds, this is a good chance to try out the game completely free of charge.
In other news, version 08.01.01 was recently released for both Mac and PC. It contains a host of bug fixes as well as some new additions, including:
- New tank: Panzer MKIV and 3D cockpit.
- New: Hurricane I, F6F5, Spitfire I, V, IX cockpits.
- Cockpit corrections on 109e, p38f, p38l, yak3, a90a4.
- Model corrections for M4A1, Bf110, and the 190's.
- More airfields.
- New grass runway in towns.
- More visual movement with head rotation.
- New Craters and crater geometry.
- New Anti-tank Ack (will leave craters on the ground around you).
- New ground clutter.
- New damage points for ground vehicles.
- New tank smoke points.
- Each bombable object now has a definable hardness.
- Easily definable point score for damaging structures.
For more information on this title, check out the official Warbirds III site. It features screenshots, FAQs, and links to various downloads.
Warbirds III Official Site
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 31, 2001
Monday, July 30, 2001
Friday, July 27, 2001
Thursday, July 26, 2001
Wednesday, July 25, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.