Sims Patches Posted
12:10 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
As promised, Aspyr Media has released patches for both The Sims and the expansion pack Livin' Large. As always MacGameFiles has the downloads; there is both an OS 9 and Carbon patch for The Sims which bring them to version 1.1.4, and a OS 9-only patch for Livin' Large which updates that game to 1.2.1.
Here is a list of changes in the Sims patch:
- Fixed a problem with some skin textures having bad colors under MacOS 9.1 and later.The patch for Livin' Large also has an extensive list of changes; many are incorporated fixes from previous Sims patches plus the same fixes as listed above. Grab the patches at MGF.
The Sims 1.1.4 (Classic/Carbon) (1.9 MB)
- Worked around a QuickTime music bug where coming out of Pause mode would occasionally crash the Mac OS.
- Fixed a problem with a low-level sorting algorithm which would cause long lists of floor tiles to "jump around" when you selected them in Build Mode.
- Fixed multiple PC bugs in the Sims IsoRect and SpriteListInfo classes.
- Tweaked the low-level hardware timers to avoid counter wrapping.
- Fixed two memory trashers: one when converting directory IDs to full path names, the other when initializing the Westlake libraries.
- Made some minor tweaks to low-level mouse button handling and cursor screen pinning.
- Fixed a minor problem when shutting down the sound system.
- Fixed a problem with some German translation text.
- Fixed a minor problem in the Mac credits.
The Sims Livin' Large 1.2.1(8.9 MB)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 24, 2001
Monday, July 23, 2001
Friday, July 20, 2001
Thursday, July 19, 2001
Wednesday, July 18, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.