Five New 'Trauma' Games Announced
5:39 PM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Legacy Interactive sent us details of five new titles based on popular reality and emergency room shows, headed to the Mac this fall. They have partnered with The Learning Channel, who's popular show Trauma: Life in the E.R. will be similar in basis to some of the new games. Gamers who enjoy the Emergency Room series will already have a taste for what's in store. Here's more info on the five titles due out later in the year:
* Vet Emergency: Combining Legacy's popular emergency medical game withVivendi Universal Publishing, the company which also works with large companies like Blizzard, will be publishing the Mac/PC CDs. We'll bring you more info on the games as they get closer to release.
the exciting, challenging, and sometimes heart-wrenching experience of
veterinary medicine, you're responsible for the well being of every cat,
dog, bird and exotic animal in an urban vet clinic.
* 911 Paramedic: Life on the streets of LA can be tough. They are even
tougher when you're a paramedic making life or death decisions while
balancing the chaos of medical emergency situations.
* Emergency Room Code Red: When the entire city is in a
state-of-emergency, it's up to you to save the sick and injured as well
as manage the staff of the ER. Combining the fast-paced drama of a
television show with the interactive realism of a computer game, this
emergency experience will get even the most novice gamer's heart
* Combat Medic: Desert Storm: One day you're an attending physician in
a metropolitan hospital, the next you're airlifted to the middle of the
desert in the heat of war. Taking on responsibilities of an Army
Reserve surgeon, you must manage supplies, treat war-inflicted wounds
and deal with the constant pressure of a warfare environment.
* Moon Tycoon: Space is the final frontier and it's up to you to
colonize the rugged lunar landscape. In this ultra realistic, fully 3-D
Sim/strategy game, players build colonies, create industries, trade with
Earth and alien races, and survive the perils of life in space.
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 17, 2001
Monday, July 16, 2001
Friday, July 13, 2001
Thursday, July 12, 2001
Wednesday, July 11, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.