Shadowbane Update - Houses and Dwellings
11:15 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
The members of Wolfpack, official developers of the upcoming MMORPG Shadowbane, have once again updated their site with more information regarding their title. Newly added to the ever-growing archive of known information is a section titled "Houses and Dwellings," which covers some of the structures that characters can create and live in.
Shadowbane offers six basic forms of character housing which will vary in things like cost, size, and durability. Houses cannot be upgraded and will remain standing they are until destroyed. Characters must procure deeds in order to build houses, and must pay certain fees in order to upkeep them once built. However, once established, houses can serve as safe havens for characters and their possessions.
Here's a list of the houses along with brief descriptions:
- Cottage - small, single-room houses. Can be built out of wood panels, logs, or stone. Cheap and easy to maintain.
- House - Twice the size of a cottage, a bit more durable, but still economical.
- Villa - Made for the more upscale adventurer or merchant, these houses have multiple floors as well as outdoor terraces.
- Estate - Often housing the elite of a city, these structures are expensive to build and maintain. An enclosed courtyard is included in the package.
- Fortress - Built for durability rather than comfort and made only of stone, fortresses can be found in the wilderness as well as within cities.
- Citadel - The cream of the crop, citadels combine the durability of a fortress with the comforts of a villa.
Shadowbane just seems to get more and more detailed as time goes on. The houses are also supposed to serve as a means to encourage cooperation among players -- the most expensive houses, such as the Citadel, will only be available to a player with many powerful allies willing to pool their resources. For those that want more information on the possible homes of Shadowbane, including pictures, be sure to head over to the site.
Shadowbane - Houses and Dwellings
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, July 16, 2001
Friday, July 13, 2001
Thursday, July 12, 2001
Wednesday, July 11, 2001
Tuesday, July 10, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.