Warbirds III Updates, Adds Tanks
6:00 AM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
The online-only WWII flight sim WarBirds III has been updated to version 07.03.01. Yes, we caught this one a few days late, but fans of the sim should definitely grab this upgrade. Not only does it add two tanks to the battlefield simulator, it adds eight new plane cockpits and fixes numerous bugs including a memory leak. Here is just a partial list of the changes made in this version; those of you who have been playing for a while will be relieved that the beta team found and fixed "the Thing." Here we go:
Code changes in WarBirds III version 07.03.01To download a trial copy of this game from the iEntertainment network or to update your registered version, visit the Warbirds web site.
* New Models:
* All FW190s.
* M3GMC Half-Track with 75mm cannon.
* M4A1 Sherman Tank.
* New cockpits:
* ME 262
* Added the old WB2.7x-style chasecam. Use Alt-V to activate.
* Different convergence for primary and secondary weapons.
* Turret movements are now broadcast (you can now see enemies turrets moving).
* Host should show correct number of captured fields.
* Icon display weirdness fixed.
* Ju-52 props start in the proper sequence.
* The 90 degree rotated gunsites (P38, etc) are now correct.
* The many Left and Right reversals are corrected.
* M3 muzzle flash is not where it should be, and not behind the armor.
* International Keyboards are now supported.
* Mac memory leak fixed (you should now not be forced to restart after X amount of sorties)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, July 5, 2001
Wednesday, July 4, 2001
Tuesday, July 3, 2001
Monday, July 2, 2001
Friday, June 29, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.