Jena & Auerstadt 1806 Released
11:47 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
If turn-based warfare set in the Napoleonic age is your cup of tea, then the latest release from By Design will be a welcome addition. Using the same game engine as the previous titles, this is another historic recreation of actual battles of that era. Here's the press release:
By Design, Inc. proudly announces that we have completed a new Napoleonic Visit the By Design web site for screen shots and details. Be sure to check out the details on Ancient Warfare, By Design's first realt-time strategy title.
wargame only for the Apple Macintosh.
This new game is based on the Waterloo Campaign engine but covers the battle
between Napoleon and the Prussians in the fall of 1807.
The game has the following exciting features:
- Battalion level conflict, command hundreds of units!
- Great new graphics, see hedge rows, streams, chateaux, and smoke clouds
hang over the battlefield.
- All the commanders down to the Division level are present.
- Command your units as groups. You can move hundreds of units with a click
of the mouse.
- Capture enemies flags. Increase the pride of your troops when they carry
back enemy flags from a mélee.
- Move units in formation by simply clicking where you want them to move to.
- Multiple units per square.
- Play either side and even switch sides in the middle of a battle.
- The units are fully editable. Add or remove any unit from any battle.
Change the characteristics of any unit.
- Elegant, effortless interface. Lots of new interface features to help you
understand your army and how to win.
- Rich historical content.
- Outstanding sound, hear the charge, cannons roar, and cavalry pound past
Mac OS 7.0 or better
68040 or PPC
8 MB memory
8 MB hard disk space
Price $24.95 (bundled with other Napoleonic games for less)
By Design, Inc.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, June 20, 2001
Tuesday, June 19, 2001
Monday, June 18, 2001
Friday, June 15, 2001
Thursday, June 14, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.