Rune Co-Op Q&A, Mac Info
8:51 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
MadOnion has posted a new interview with two of the developers of Rune Co-Op, a new mod to let two players fight alongside eachother is the action slasher Rune. Co-Op is a surprisingly difficult feature to balance, which is why it wasn't included in the original game. Both Rick "Dark" Francis and Richard "Cactus" Sorenson speak about their inspiration to take on such a complicated mod, the new features included, as well as specifics on the challenges they've overcome. Here's a quick list of what will be included in the mod:
Could you give us a list of all of Rune Co-Ops features? What would be your favorite, besides the ability to hack n’ slash monsters with a friend? :) Rune Co-Op is currently in closed beta and could be out as soon as the next two weeks. IMG recently contacted the team to see if Rune Co-Op might work with the Mac version of Rune as well. Here's what they said:
- New game type Co-Op
- New Server Browser tab for Coop only games
- Improved AI, will attack more than one person, was a problem with AI fixation. The AI would only attack the 1st person they saw and would not turn to fight you as you were hacking on them.
- New Bosses, Increased Size to about 3 to 5 times there normal size.
- Carry over weapon inventory from level to level
- Carry over Rune power from level to level
- Increased health on all AI, much more difficult to kill.
- Increased AI numbers per level. Can range up to 50% more AI in a level
- Fixed problem with breaking each others Shields
- Don't hurt teammates when you land on them.
- Added players name over there heads in Coop game.
- Sark Ragnar level transition
- Ability to Play Sark Ragnar Together
- New introductory level to Rune Coop “The Battle” in which you will be able to participate in the open battle between Jarl (Ragnar’s Father) and Conrack. Real Time.
- See events happen in real time and participate in them rather than just watching a video.
Yes it is possible but everyone is still waiting on the new patchSo once Westlake releases the new Rune patch, we'll have a much better idea as to whether this ambitious mod will work with our version of the game. Check out the official site for more details.
Rune Co-Op Web Site
Interview with Rune Co-Op Developers
Gathering of Developers
Human Head Studios
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 29, 2001
Friday, May 25, 2001
Thursday, May 24, 2001
Wednesday, May 23, 2001
Tuesday, May 22, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.