E3: Myth II: Green Berets Announced
9:38 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
In an interesting development, a new Myth II title has been announced, called Green Berets. The game will being published this summer by Take Two, the company which now controls the rights to the Myth series relinquished by Bungie. Don't get this confused with Myth III (due out in the fall), as Green Berets seems to be a total conversion running on an unmodified Myth II engine. It will retail for about $20 and include a full copy of Myth II: Soulblighter as well. Here are a few features:
The Adrenaline Vault has posted three of the first screen shots for the game, so head over and have a look. Reactions from the Myth community seem mixed at this point, with many feeling upset over having to pay for a new TC when others, like Chimera, were released for free.
- Tempt the enemy into a trap or attack them head-on in 10 missions through rice paddies, underground tunnels, rivers, and many other detailed terrains!
- Secure landing zones with M16 gunners, Huey Helicopters, and medics, but beware of enemy Snipers and Mortar crews - over a dozen units in all!
- Rescue POW's, locate downed pilots, sabotage enemy communications, and seek and destroy enemy supply dumps!
- Obliterate enemy bases with intense explosions, engage the enemy in blinding firefights, call in devastating air strikes, and more - all powered by the Myth II engine!
- Stalk through the dense jungles with M60's, grenades, med kits, and radio equipment to call in an awe-inspiring air assault!
- Includes Myth II (required for play), the acclaimed 3D Battlefield Action and Strategy game!
Green Berets Web Site
There was is also some initial confusion about the official web site only listing the PC requirements. There have been assurances that a Mac version of Green Berets will be available, especially if the TC is shipped with an unmodified version of the already cross-platform engine. We'll keep you posted as more info on Green Berets is released this summer.
Green Beret Screen Shots at Avault
Take 2 Interactive
Myth II: Green Berets
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 18, 2001
Thursday, May 17, 2001
Wednesday, May 16, 2001
Tuesday, May 15, 2001
Monday, May 14, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.