Blizzard Patches Diablo, Warcraft II BNE
1:07 PM | Michael Eilers | Comment on this story
Even as they demo Warcraft III at E3, Blizzard Entertainment has not forgotten those of you who still play their 'classic' titles. Recently both the venerable RPG Diablo and the oldie-but-goodie RTS Warcraft II: Battle-Net Edition have been updated to accommodate various bug fixes and changes in the Battle-Net server. If you play either title online, then you have no worries -- just log in and your version will be updated. Patches available as a separate download will be available soon.
The list of changes in Diablo 1.0.9 is short:
1. Fixed some Battle.net issues. The list of changes to WC2:BNE is slightly longer, and includes gameplay tweaks -- a shining testimony to Blizzard's obsession with perfection. Here's a sample:
2. Reverted a change made in 1.08 that, while correctly calculated distance, caused unintended gameplay issues.
If you don't play online, check back in a few days for the downloadable patches.
- Eye of Kilrogg can now patrol.
- Added support for Battle.net gateways.
- Battle.net Create Game Chatroom now lists resources and starting location along with map size and game speed.
Major bug fixes
- Fixed a hack which would allow you to perform upgrades repeatedly, bringing your units to normally unattainable levels.
Minor bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where sappers would sometimes walk up to the wall, but not detonate.
- Fixed a bug which caused the menu screens to become unresponsive to clicks if the computer had been left on for 24 days or more.
- If a player is #1 on both Ironman and Regular ladder, it now shows Ironman stats, not the Regular stats.
- Map-passing now sets the mapís creator code to W2Be (a Map Editor file) instead of W2BN (a War2BNE file).
- Clicking on the portrait of an invisible unit not your own no longer centers the map on that unit.
- Previously, if somebody else had allied with you, you could not cast death coil on them even if you were not allied with them.
- [Mac only]. The application resource version no longer states beta, and copyright notices corrected.
Diablo II 1.0.9 Update
Warcraft II: BNE 2.0.2 Update
|Other Mac Games News for Thursday, May 17, 2001|
| E3: Return to Castle Wolfenstein Site Launched||4:19 PM|
| MacGamer Previews Civilization III||4:19 PM|
| E3: New Myth III Images Revealed [Update]||3:24 PM|
| E3: Images From The Expo, Part One||3:06 PM|
| E3: Disney Unveils Mac-Friendly Lineup||2:39 PM|
| E3: Tentative MacSoft Release Dates||1:29 PM|
| Blizzard Patches Diablo, Warcraft II BNE||1:07 PM|
| E3: Civilization III Sneak Preview, More From MacSoft||12:54 PM|
| Vortex NG Updated to 1.0.3, Fixes Bugs||12:24 PM|
| Classic Gaming Updates for OS X||11:37 AM|
| Westlake To Port Deus Ex to PS2||10:58 AM|
| E3: Star Wars Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II||10:33 AM|
| E3: More Max Payne Movies, Images||10:13 AM|
| Shadowbane Reveals Guild Halls||10:02 AM|
| E3: Unreal II Preview and Interview||9:58 AM|
| IMG Heads to E3||9:44 AM|
| Sound Blaster Update on UT, Deus Ex||9:31 AM|
| Rune Multiplayer/Patch News||9:27 AM|
| Westlake Lines Up the Releases||9:25 AM|
| MacCentral Visits MacPlay||8:52 AM|
|View all of the Mac games news for Thursday, May 17, 2001 on one page|
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 15, 2001
Monday, May 14, 2001
Friday, May 11, 2001
Thursday, May 10, 2001
Wednesday, May 9, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.