Deus Ex Multiplayer Guide for Mac
10:36 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
Although the Deus Ex Multiplayer Patch has been out for quite some time, there may still be a few of you that feel the need to fine-tune your technique. MacGamer has posted a Mac-specifc guide to Deus Ex that focuses on the Multiplayer patch. This guide covers a great deal of information regarding the Multiplayer game, from how to download and install it to a breakdown of skills, weapons, and augmentations you can use.
Here's an excerpt which details the changes made in gameplay compared to the single-player game:
- First off, you no longer have to worry about firing error, with the exception of the assault rifle and the GEP gun. You can sprint, point and shoot straight at the same time.
- The amount of skill points needed to upgrade a skill doesn't change; upgrading level one to level two is the same as upgrading level two to level three.
- The Sniper Rifle no longer deals with clips, just individual shots, and takes a while to reload after each shot.
- You start out with a basic training in each skill, and each skill goes up to level three. This means that anyone can hack a computer with enough time.
- The augmentations are paired to balance the game, not where the augmentation would go in the body. This means it's possible to have Cloaking and Radar Invisibility at the same time in DXMP (when it's not allowed in the single player game) but not possible to have Cloaking and Enhanced Vision at the same time.
- There are no more full-screen menus - no inventory screen, for instance. Also, the medbots and recharge bots have been dumbed down - using them doesn't bring you to the usual screen, but just heals or recharges you.
- You automatically recharge bioelectric energy given time. Very useful.
- Using a dead body gives you 25 BE and whatever items/ammo/weapons (if you can carry them) they were carrying.
- At the first skill level, lockpicks and multitools take much longer to use.
For those just getting started with the Multiplayer patch, or those that have yet to experiment with it, this is an excellent read. You can also find the Multiplayer patch for download at MacGameFiles.com.
MacGamer - Deus Ex Multiplayer Guide
MGF - Deus Ex Multiplayer Patch Download
|Mac Games News for Thursday, April 19, 2001|
| Sims: House Party for Mac OS||5:18 PM|
| Alice Moves Into Beta Status, New Project||2:22 PM|
| MMEP Updates, Q3Radiant on OS X||1:02 PM|
| 3dfx Finalizes Sale of Assets||11:19 AM|
| Soldier of Fortune 2 .plan Started||10:43 AM|
| Alchera Project Comes To An End||10:20 AM|
| Red Faction Complete for PS2, Site Updates||9:19 AM|
| Escape Velocity Nova Update||8:57 AM|
| Diablo II Expansion Interview, Beta Starting||8:51 AM|
| New Myst III:Exile Preview||8:45 AM|
| Status of 3D Cards, Makers||8:40 AM|
| MacSoft Update on Hasbro, Vampire, More||8:33 AM|
|View all of the Mac games news for Thursday, April 19, 2001 on one page|
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 18, 2001
Tuesday, April 17, 2001
Monday, April 16, 2001
Friday, April 13, 2001
Thursday, April 12, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.