New Tropico Contest
8:51 AM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
PopTop has announced a new contest for their upcoming game Tropico. This dictator simulation is making a lot of news around the net as it prepares for release. The new contest requires a bit of artistic creativity, as it asks you to create a postcard from the sunny island of Tropico. You need to work quick, though. The contest deadline is April 18, just one week from today. We're sure Mac gamers (being the highly creative bunch they are) can come up with some great ideas. Three winners will receive a free, signed copy of the game when it's available. Here's an excerpt from the page with more details on the rules:
1) Make your own Tropican postcard using your computer, screenshots, crayons, paper, glue, paper mache, paprika, nudibranchs, whatever you want. We've provided some examples to get your noodles going, though the examples are not intended to imply a preferred style or design. Be creative!So get your thinking caps on and win a free copy of Tropico! The first place winner will also get a full verison of Railroad Tycoon II: Gold Edition.
2) If it isn't already, convert your postcard into a 800x500 .JPG. Submissions will only be accepted as 800x500 .JPG's.
3) Submit your .JPG creation to firstname.lastname@example.org by email before the end of April 18th, 2001.
4) Include in the email your name, age, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
5) Wait until April 19, when we will announce the winners. The winners will be judged by us, the employees of PopTop, and will be based on creativity and style.
If you're looking for more information on Tropico, be sure to read through IMG's just-posted preview.
Tropico Post Card Contest Page
IMG Preview of Tropico
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 9, 2001
Friday, April 6, 2001
Thursday, April 5, 2001
Wednesday, April 4, 2001
Tuesday, April 3, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.