Europa Universalis IV: Art Of War Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Paradox Interactive recently released Europa Universalis IV: Art of War, a new expansion for the historical strategy game Europa Universalis IV. Art of War takes places during the 30 Years War period and offers a broad selection of updates and features for Europa Universalis IV including "the most detailed and historically accurate map in Paradox’s strategic titles to date."
"Sun Tzu said that it is best to win without fighting at all, but if one must fight, preparation is the key to victory," says Martin Anward, lead designer on Art of War. Europa Universalis IV: Art of War is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Europa Universalis IV: Art Of War
"With over nine hundred new provinces, over a hundred new nations and the addition of major religious wars that ravage a continent, preparation will be essential in the Art of War if you hope to guide your nation through four centuries of expanded, enriched gameplay and emerge as one of the winners of history."
Paradox Development Studios ups the stakes with the latest and third expansion from Europa Universalis IV – The Art of War. Centered on the 30 Years War and bubbling political instability between church and state, this expansion features improved gameplay mechanics that’s puts warfare at the forefront of your quest for domination and triumph.
Improved naval combat and full army control means the course of victory rests solely on your shoulders. Will you choose to triumph alone or rely on the combat strengths of your allies? Your decision will decide if your empire lasts through the ages.
- 30 years War: Unique mechanics and events for the religious conflict that ravaged Europe.
- Napoleonic Era: Fight for or against the revolution and create entirely new custom client countries on the map from your conquests.
- Fighting on land or at sea: You can now sortie from sieges, transfer occupation to allies and give objectives to your subjects and allies. Entire Fleets can now be upgraded with one click, you can now mothball fleets to avoid paying maintenance, and your fleets can be set to automatically transport armies.
- Marches: Turn your vessels into bulwarks against your enemies, getting less tax but strengthening their defenses.
- Improved Diplomacy: Sell Surplus Ships, Fight for your subjects CB, Declare War in Support of Rebel factions in other countries and new peace options.
- Gameplay Enhancements: Build entire armies in one click and abandon cores that you no longer wish to support.
- Free Features for the accompanying patch: Completely new rebel mechanic, local autonomy on province level, new cardinal system for Catholics, new reformation mechanics and a new look map.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 1 GB RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Requires Europa Universalis IV to play
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Buy Europa Universalis IV: Art Of War
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 31, 2014
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.