The LEGO Movie Videogame Coming Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that The LEGO Movie Videogame will be released for the Mac on October 16th. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for consoles, handhelds and PC, The LEGO Movie Videogame is a "faithful and hilarious" adaptation of the hit film The LEGO Movie.
“With its playful cocktail of characters and worlds, The LEGO Movie Videogame comes with a superb spirit of imagination and fun,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “Flying around the Wild West as Superman or swimming through LEGO coral reefs as Abraham Lincoln? What more could a gamer want?”The LEGO Movie Videogame for the Mac will retail for US $32.99, £22.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK, and €29.49 (inc.VAT) throughout Europe. Prices may vary slightly, depending on where the game is sold.
The LEGO Movie Videogame Trailer
The LEGO Movie Videogame tells the story of Emmet, a seemingly average construction worker recruited by a group of insanely imaginative ‘Master Builders’ to bring down the over-controlling Lord Business, who insists everyone follow building instructions. Players can take on Emmet and over 90 other LEGO characters, harnessing the wonderfully creative powers of the Master Builders including Wyldstyle, Batman, Gandalf and the irrepressibly cheerful Unikitty.
With a madcap story told using clips from the film and original in-game dialogue, The LEGO Movie Videogametakes players from the towering metropolis of Bricksburg to the rainbow-colored world of Cloud Cuckoo Land and on to the lair of Lord Business himself. Each of these fantastical worlds, filled with secrets and hidden challenges, can be explored in single-player mode or with a friend or family member in drop-in/drop-out co-operative play.
Versions of The LEGO Movie Videogame purchased anywhere besides Steam will include the Wild West DLC pack, which contains four additional characters as well as four pairs of magical pants which grant a character the power to perform spinning attacks, jump large distances, uncover valuable studs and start fires. Steam customers will be able to purchase the Wild West DLC pack separately.
- Relive the adventure in a madcap story that combines original in-game dialogue with clips from the acclaimed movie to capture its spirit of imagination and fun.
- Ride through the Wild West on horseback, swim though a coral reef and infiltrate a futuristic television studio as you explore fascinating environments made entirely out of LEGO bricks.
- Go on the rampage as the enormous pirate Metalbeard, pack a ray gun as Lord Business’ loyal henchman Bad Cop and harness the wonderfully creative powers of the Master Builders, who can transform everyday objects into surprising new creations.
- Perform synchronized dance routines, hack maze-like computer systems, and find hidden instruction pages that allow you to build objects brick-by-brick for the first time in the series.
- Enjoy a brand new animation style as seen in the film that simulated the movement of actual LEGO toy sets.
- Everything is awesome when you’re part of a team, so play side by side with a friend or family member in drop-in/drop-out co-operative multiplayer.
- Yee-haw! Saddle up with the Wild West DLC pack (included), which contains four additional characters and four pairs of magical pants that grant the wearer the power to perform spinning attacks, jump large distances, uncover valuable studs and start fires.
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- 1.8 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 9 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- The game is not currently supported on volumes formatted at Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Buy The LEGO Movie Videogame
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Monday, October 13, 2014
Friday, October 10, 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.