Interstellar Marines NeuroGen Incident Mission Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Zero Point Software has released The NeuroGen Incident, the first co-op mission for its upcoming old school tactical FPS, Interstellar Marines. Currently a Steam Early Access title, Interstellar Marines was inspired by titles such as Half-Life, System Shock 2, and Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield. In the game players take the role of an elite soldier hand picked for a top secret military program to defend mankind from dangers outside our solar system.
The NeuroGen IncidentHead over to the pages below for more information.
The NeuroGen Incident Details
After four months of hard work, today we are massively proud to announce that our very first full co-op experience has been released!
Interstellar Marines is a game built on the promise of awesome co-op, and The NeuroGen Incident is the first time we've unleashed the full power of our co-op experience. Built in a level 6 times the size of our largest multiplayer map, The NeuroGen Incident allows you to play through one of the pivotal stories in the development of the Interstellar Marines program.
With difficulty levels ranging from Easy all the way to the legendary Interstellar Marines, The NeuroGen Incident can be played through multiple times with a different experience and path every game. You and your co-op friends will be fighting intelligent enemies, in different areas with divergent paths to success each time you fire up Interstellar Marines! We've even added several new Steam achievements for you to achieve during the fight.
Interstellar Marines resurrects the old school tactical FPS, offering a unique blend of co-op, role-playing and non-linear gameplay. Set in a believable future, you take on the role of an elite soldier handpicked to join Project IM, a top secret military program being assembled to protect mankind from all dangers outside our solar system.
Interstellar Marines is inspired by Half-Life, System Shock 2 and Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. Our game is all about evolving the FPS recipe with all the inspirations we've assimilated since the birth of the genre. Our goal is an evolutionary leap forward driven by our compulsive interest in science fiction, role-playing, military realism, and respect for first person immersion.
Features Currently Available:
Vision of Interstellar Marines:
- Massive singleplayer and co-op level titled The NeuroGen Incident with sandbox gameplay, randomised locations and multiple difficulty levels.
- 8 unique indoor and outdoor maps featuring dynamic environment configurations such as time of day, rain, thunder and lightning, emergency lighting, fire alarms, movable platforms etc.
- 100% dynamic lighting and real-time shadows as well as destructible light fixtures.
- Full-body first person character simulation (no more floating hands!) with a physics-based dynamic character controller.
- Advanced and intuitive crouch and cover system.
- Physically present combat helmet with futuristic HUD projected onto the inside of the visor glass and affected by light and rain.
- Deadlock game mode (5vs5 and 8vs8) in highly dynamic environments.
- Full spectator and movie mode with freecam, first and third person views. Record movies, livestream, and cast matches.
- Experience various maps and prototypes in “Playground” mode (singleplayer).
- Play on high capacity dedicated servers in the US, Europe, Australia, Russia and Brazil.
- Submachine Gun (CE6) and Assault Rifle (AR-3) with full-auto fire.
- Shoot from hip or look through the Red Dot scope for increased accuracy.
- Toggleable tactical flashlight for when it’s pitch black.
- Toggleable laser to assist your aim (no crosshairs)
- Smooth network play even on high latency connections with packet loss.
- Realistically simulated ragdolls with momentum transfer.
- Multiple Steam Achievements.
Roadmap (Near Future):
- First Person Simulation
A razor-sharp focus on creating a truly immersive First Person Simulator via distinct graphics, audio and gameplay.
- Tactical Co-op
The entire game experience designed from the ground up to support up to 4 players in co-op, with true cooperative interaction.
- Progressive Role-Playing
Flat and classless progressive character development and skill system that is not dumbed down for consoles.
- Nonlinear Game Design
Open and dynamic game world that always presents a multitude of tactical options for navigating the environment.
- Customizable Arsenal
A comprehensive selection of weapon models and types, extension upgrades and equipment options, allowing on-the-fly choice in each tactical situation.
- Thinking AI
Enemies that react to input from you and the surrounding game world. We would rather have one smart thinking enemy than five stupid ones.
- Believable Science Fiction
Realistic and rich sci-fi environments, ranging from claustrophobic space stations to large outdoor worlds.
- Interactive Storyline
A cinematic narrative centered around first contact with another sentient species, where your choices and actions will have consequences.
These are the features we are planning on adding fairly soon, and are in no particular order. Many of them have already been partially completed:
- Steam features (stats, achievements, friends).*
- Advanced character movement (sprint to be added).*
- Tactical gameplay (fatigue and adrenaline).*
- Co-op features (multiplayer).*
- Weapon features (rate-of-fire, extensions, reload types).
- Extend general game UI and HUD system.
- In-game profiles.*
- More weapon types and models.*
- New multiplayer maps.*
- Environment variations, theme and context.
- Shooting range (singleplayer).
- Developer Commentary mode.
- Oculus Rift support.
- Server / LAN support.*
- Artificial Intelligence (AI).*
*This is already partially completed and in Interstellar Marines
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.