Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Launches October 14
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 8 comments
Gearbox Software and Aspyr Media have officially announced a Mac version of the upcoming Borderlands 2: The Pre-Sequel. Scheduled to launch on October 14, a simultaneous release with the Windows version, the game gives players the chance to discover the story behind the villainous Handsome Jack in an adventure on the moon. A Mac App Store version of the game is also in development and is scheduled to release October 16.
“Bringing the next installment in this vaunted series to Mac and Linux users the same day as Windows PC users has been a goal for us from the beginning,” said Aspyr Media’s Vice President of Publishing, Elizabeth Howard. “Luckily we have a great development team and fantastic partners in 2K Games and Gearbox Software.”Follow the links below for more information.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Gameplay Vids
Shoot ‘n’ loot your way to the Moon!
Discover the story behind Borderlands 2 villain, Handsome Jack, and his rise to power. Taking place between the original Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the Pre-Sequel gives you a whole lotta new gameplay featuring the genre blending fusion of shooter and RPG mechanics that players have come to love.
Float through the air with each low gravity jump while taking enemies down from above using new ice and laser weapons. Catch-a-ride and explore the lunar landscape with new vehicles allowing for more levels of destructive mayhem.
BRING MAYHEM TO THE MOONMinimum System Requirements:
- Feel the moon’s low gravity with every jump and stomp.
- Cause mayhem with new weapons equipped with ice and laser capabilities!
- New enemies offer a space-based twist!
THE RISE OF HANDSOME JACK
- Witness Handsome Jack’s rise to power.
- Dive deep into the origins of iconic Borderlands villains.
- Turn the tables and experience Handsome Jack’s side of the story.
A NEW CLASS OF ANTIHEROES
- Play as one of four new character classes, including Wilhelm the Enforcer, Nisha the Lawbringer, and Athena the Gladiator.
- Play as a combat-ready Claptrap prototype for the first-time!
- Experience the gray morality of working alongside Handsome Jack.
We’ve just opened pre-orders on GameAgent.com (Mac and Linux), so be sure to head over to secure your copy today. All pre-orders include free access to the Shock Drop Slaughter Pit DLC. Plus, we’ve cooked up a little something special for our members in the form of a pre-order discount! Just login to see the member-exclusive note on the game’s product pages.
- Operating System: 10.9.4 (Mavericks)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: X GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce 8800
- Video Card (Intel): HD3000
- Video Memory (VRam): 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Gamepad support: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel supports the Playstation 4 Dualshock 4, the Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controllers and the Xbox 360 for Windows wired controller
NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported by Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel:
- ATI RADEON X1000 Series
- ATI RADEON HD 2400
- NVIDIA 8600m
- NVIDIA 9400m, 9600m
- Intel Integrated GMA 950
- Intel Integrated x3100
NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
NOTICE: Internet connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for Mac and Linux will offer full feature parity with the Windows PC version, including cross-platform multiplayer and SHiFT Support. Plus, Aspyr will be supporting all future DLC releases.
A Mac App Store version is also in the works and is currently scheduled to launch on October 16.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Monday, September 29, 2014
Friday, September 26, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.