GRID 2 Reloaded Edition Rolls Out September 25
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that the racing game GRID 2 Reloaded Edition will be released on the Mac September 25th. Developed and published by Codemasters for PC and consoles, GRID 2 Reloaded Edition is the successor to GRID, previously released on the Mac by Feral.
GRID 2 Reloaded Edition features ‘World Series Racing’, a disruptive new racing league with big ambitions. Players are challenged to become WSR’s star driver and build it into a top motorsport by facing off against rivals in a selection of competitions. Duels on mountain roads, drift events through city streets, and high-speed races on renowned GP circuits are all part of the competition. GRID 2 Reloaded Edition contains all the additional content previously released for the racer, including over 20 additional cars by manufacturers such as Aston Martin, BMW and McLaren.
“GRID 2 Reloaded Edition hits the sweet spot between realism and arcade racing,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “It does a fantastic job of capturing the real-world feel of each car while giving players the sense that they can master any machine.”GRID 2 Reloaded Edition is available to pre-order now for $49.99 (USD).
GRID 2 Reloaded Edition Trailer
Be fast. Be first. Be famous.
Speed your way to the front as the star driver of ‘World Series Racing’, a disruptive new championship with global ambitions. Hold your nerve and do whatever it takes to win in nerve-jangling duels on mountain roads, experience full-contact sprints through city streets, get sideways in high-stakes drift events and carve your way around famous circuits as you propel WSR to the top of international motorsport.
Learn to master over 70 high-performance rides including supercharged muscle cars, agile open-wheel racers and cutting-edge sports vehicles. Master each car’s unique balance of speed, torque, grip and acceleration and adapt your technique to match the machine for a heightened driving experience that hits the sweet spot between realism and arcade racing.
Requirements (subject to change):
- Like real life, only better! TrueFeel™ handling emphasizes each car’s unique features for edge-of-control driving that will have you on the edge of your seat.
- Tear up Californian coastal roads, Japanese mountain trails and European city streets in over 70 superb cars that represent the best in automotive engineering.
- Prove yourself in an extensive range of events including white-knuckle drift battles, frenzied elimination races and unpredictable LiveRoutes™ courses, where the track changes as you race.
- Immerse yourself in every race with incredible graphics, spectacular lighting, realistic sound design and advanced AI that takes risks, makes mistakes and is as committed to the win as you are.
- GRID 2 Reloaded Edition contains all the additional content previously released for GRID 2, including the Demolition Derby event, famous tracks such as Spa Francorchamps and over 20 premium cars by manufacturers such as McLaren and Aston Martin.
- Brought to life with the expertise, passion and experience of Codemasters, the world-leading UK racing studio responsible for the DiRT series, F1™ 2013 and the original GRID.
- Face off against a friend/rival in head-to-head split-screen racing.
- Ignite heated rivalries in online cross-platform multiplayer as you battle evenly-matched human opponents and begin a new career with its own progression system.
- Mac OS X 10.9.4 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 11 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
- To activate GRID 2 Reloaded Edition, you will need an internet connection and a free Steam account
GRID 2 Reloaded Edition
Buy GRID 2 Reloaded Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Monday, September 22, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.