Combat Mission 3.0 Engine Upgrades Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Battlefront.com recently announced the release of patches for the Mac versions of Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy, and Combat Mission: Fortress Italy. The upgrades convert and upgrade existing games to include most of the advanced new CMx2 version 3.00 game features.
Finally, the 3.0 Mac OS X Engine Upgrades for Combat Mission Battle for Normandy and Combat Mission Fortress Italy are here!Learn more at the links below.
CMBN v3.0 Mac OSX Upgrade
The Upgrades convert and upgrade your existing games (and any installed modules) automagically to include most of the advanced new CMx2 v3.00 game features! Upgrades must be purchased separately for each title.
- Hit impacts to vehicles and bunkers now shown graphically ("hit decals")
- Water animates for fording units
- Improved shaders
- Ground units are now able to fire at attacking aircraft
- Ammo Dumps allow platoons to have reserve ammo stored separately on map (automatically distributed for certain Skill Levels)
- WeGo TCP/IP with the ability to save but not the ability to replay combat action
- Spotters restricted to directing only one Mission at a time. Assets can now be group fired.
- More realistic/varied RoF of automatic weapons.
- Improved load time for scenarios, especially larger ones with complex terrain
- Three different sets of camera controls; Standard (traditional), First Person Shooter, and Real Time Strategy
- Optional graphical Command and Control link tracing
- KIAs are shown in the Soldier/Crew Panels to track soldiers lost during the game
- Option to disable music separate from other game sounds
- Ability to create AI Triggers that execute actions based on other units or interaction with Objectives (existing battles do not have this, but it can be added by authors if they wish)
- Maximum map size increased
- Improved responsiveness of 2D editing, especially for large maps
- Improved load time for 3D Preview, especially large maps
- Customized "Mod Tags" for most graphics. This allows for multiple mods for the same item without the need to move items in/out of Data folder
- Ability to specify specific mods be used for a specific Scenario. If CM fails to find the specified mod it will use the default
CMFI v3.0 Mac OSX Upgrade
Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Buy Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Buy Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 22, 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.