Wasteland 2 Blasts From The Past
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Over 25 years after the original game debuted, inXile Entertainment has released Wasteland 2. The sequel to Wasteland brings to life an alternate future history where America is just beginning to stir from the radioactive aftermath of a deadly nuclear holocaust that took place in 1998. Players must take command of an inexperienced squad of Desert Rangers – the only law left in the Arizona wastes – and set out across the treacherous landscape to help the last remaining remnants of humanity in their struggle for survival against hordes of bandits, criminals, mutants, cultists and worse – much worse.
Brian Fargo of inXile Entertainment said:Wasteland 2 is available now for $39.99 (USD), while the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $59.99 (USD).
“I’m very proud of the final game and the fine work the team at inXile did on Wasteland 2. It’s been one helluva journey over the last few years, with this game being one of the biggest RPGs I have worked on to date and certainly the most detailed. We estimate a solid 70 hours+ of gameplay and, even at that, you will miss much of the content on your first play-through by virtue of the depth of the design. It's difficult to express just how re-playable it is. Areas, options and story lines are continually opened up and closed off based on your actions, making it almost impossible to play the same game twice. It's going to be quite entertaining for us to hear people describe their contrasting experiences online.”
Welcome back to the Citadel, Rangers! After 2.5 years in development and with the help of over 70,000 Kickstarter backers, the Wasteland's hellish landscape is now waiting for you to make your mark… or die trying.
Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to 1988’s Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series. Until Wasteland, no other CRPG had ever allowed players to control and command individual party members for tactical purposes or given them the chance to make moral choices that would directly affect the world around them. Wasteland was a pioneer in multi-path problem solving, dripping in choice and consequence and eschewing the typical one-key-per-lock puzzle solving methods of its peers, in favor of putting the power into players’ hands to advance based on their own particular play style.
The Wasteland series impressive and innovative lineage has been preserved at its very core, but modernized for the fans of today with Wasteland 2. Immerse yourself in turn-based tactical combat that will test the very limits of your strategy skills as you fight to survive a desolate world where brute strength alone isn’t enough to save you. Deck out your Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone and get ready for maximum destruction with the RPG-style character advancement and customization that made the first Wasteland so brutal. Save an ally from certain death or let them perish – the choice is yours, but so are the consequences.
- A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic.
- Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 original sound track in digital format.
- An incredible digital concept art book showcasing many of the world's characters and environments.
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Don't feel like finding the key for a door? Why not try a Rocket Launcher! Basically the same thing... right?
- Enhanced Classic RPG Game Play: Classic RPG game play ideas updated with modern design philosophies.
- Decision Making... with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity to the players choices, every decision matters in the outcome of the story.
- Huge & Customizable: Dozens of hours of game. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers' appearance. Over 150 weapons. Dozens of skills. Even the UI can be customized.
- Steam Features: Wasteland 2 supports Cloud Saving so you can sync your saves across multiple computers!
The Deluxe Edition also includes:
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 30 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M
- Intel HD Graphics
- A free copy of The Bard's Tale.
- Three digital novellas set in The Wasteland world.
Wasteland 2 Trailer
Buy Wasteland 2: Digital Deluxe Edition
Buy Wasteland 2
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, September 19, 2014
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.