Become A Sorcerer Lord In Worlds Of Magic
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Wasteland Interactive's Worlds of Magic is available now for purchase at Mac Game Store. The fantasy strategy game lets players take command of one of 8 playable races as a sorcerer lord and set forth to expand an empire by gathering resources, building armies, capturing cities, and making use of magical spells to blast enemy forces.
EXPLORE, EXPAND, EXPLOIT, and EXTERMINATE!Worlds of Magic is available now for $39.99 (USD).
Worlds Of Magic Trailer
- Explore uniquely generated universes.
- Expand your empire by building armies, recruiting mercenaries, and founding or capturing cities.
- Exploit resources and factions alike to increase your own power.
- Exterminate your enemies using the tools of war, magical spells or diplomacy.
The world of Elannra was a land of beauty and enchantment, where the wise and powerful used magic to lift themselves to the heavens, seeking to become gods. It was their arrogance that destroyed the world; ripped its fabric apart at the very seams. The War of Ascension consumed it. And so they fled. Gateways were opened to new worlds, to new lands ripe for conquest. The Sorcerer lords of Elannra plunged through these portals taking their servants with them, intending to wage their immortal wars across the planes themselves.
But the magic of these worlds was different, it was not the open flowing source of Elannra. The Sorcerer lords had to begin again and learn the ways of this new magic. With their learning came power and with power conquest. Only victory will end this war. Only one Sorcerer can reign supreme!
Worlds of Magic will capture the feel of one of the greatest strategy games ever created: Master of Magic. It combines classic elements like randomly generated world maps and powerful heroes with new game mechanics, such as the D20 OGL rule set, and expanded features, like seven planes of existence. Although a completely new title from a design point of view, it seeks to hold true to the essence of what made Master of Magic a true classic.
- 8 playable races
- 7 planes of existence in a procedurally generated universe maps of up to 256x128 tiles (per plane)
- Over 10 terrain types
- Almost 30 world resources to exploit
- D20 battle combat mechanics
- Units gain experience
- Over 80 military units
- Over 40 wandering and summon-able units
- Over 40 world features to explore and conquer
- 40 heroes and champions
- Over 400 spells divided into 13 spell circles
- Cast tactical, strategic, and global spells
- Create powerful artifacts to equip your heroes with
- Choose from 13 pre-made Sorcerer Lords or make your own
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 3 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Worlds Of Magic
Buy Worlds Of Magic
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 15, 2014
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
Friday, September 5, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.