Use Stealth And Cunning To Find The Light
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Just a Pixel and Team17 have announced the release of Light for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs. Described as a stylistic minimalist stealth game Light challenges players to use stealth, both physical and electronic, to avoid capture as they work to uncover their identity and location.
Step into a sinister world of corruption, deceit and shadowy organisations! Light casts you in the role of a man with no memory. After waking up in a strange yet familiar location itís clear that somethingís very, very wrong. Who are you? Where are you? Perhaps most of all, what happened to you? As the protagonist in Light you must use stealth and cunning to navigate around a wonderfully minimalistic-looking environment. Can you succeed in your quest and thwart a plan on a global scale?Light is available now for $12.99.
Donít just avoid detection, use subterfuge as well. Hack computer terminals to disable security cameras, lock and unlock doors and more. Collect data, fragmented e-mails, memos and scientific reports to slowly piece together the story of Light.
Light combines unique game mechanics, atmospheric visuals and a gripping narrative to breathe new life into a much loved genre. Combat is your last option and technology your first, can you evade capture and solve the mystery? Do you have what it takes to step out of the shadows and into the Light?
- Challenging Single Player - Light features a challenging single player story as you work through over ten levels attempting to evade capture, hack computers and steal classified documents. Infiltrate research labs, escape prisons, outwit security officers inside shopping malls and break into heavily guarded server farms!
- Replay levels to increase your score and rating.
- Immersive Stealth Mechanics - Use your surroundings to evade capture in this minimalist-looking action-stealth game. Use your sight to locate the whereabouts of would be pursuers and deftly avoid detection. Make the system work for you, as you hack your way through levels. Canít avoid a security camera? Simply hack it!
- Stash unconscious guards in cupboards or simply overwrite electronic locking systems to ensure other guards canít enter rooms. See everyone and everythingís line of sight. View every footstep and blend in with the crowd by donning disguises and mingling with non-threatening civilians and office workers that litter each and every level.
- Involved storyline to be uncovered by the player - start the game with a blank canvas. Itís up to you to discover not only who you are, but what is happening too. Even as you slowly piece together the story and events leading up to where the game starts youíll soon realise you not only have to work out what is happening but find a way to stop it.
- Enjoy the story in fragmented snippets that require you to knit them all together. Deploy stealth, hack computers and steal documents to uncover the truth about project Light!
- OS: OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400m
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Monday, July 14, 2014
Friday, July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.