Both new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare games are available as Steam Play titles, allowing anyone who purchases the game access to both Mac and Windows versions. Both titles also feature cross-platform multiplayer.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available now for $19.99 (USD). Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is available for $39.99 (USD). The DLC collections for both Modern Warfare 2 and 3 are $14.99 (USD) each.
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action of the Call of Duty series as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 features for the first time in video games, the musical soundtrack of legendary Academy Award®, Golden Globe® Award, Grammy® Award and Tony winning composer Hans Zimmer. The title picks up immediately following the historic events of Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®, the blockbuster title that earned worldwide critical acclaim.
SPECIAL OPS CO-OPERATIVE
An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new capabilities, customization, game states and modes, including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class Evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Machine Pistols
- Riot Shields
- Throwing Knives
- Blast Shield
- Tactical Insertion
- Perk Upgrades
- Bling (Dual attachments)
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package includes five additional multiplayer maps featuring a variety of locations:
- Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
- 2.2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 13 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4850
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
- Intel Iris
“Bailout,” a multi-level apartment complex torn apart by combat with tight corridors and blown out suites along with vantage points overlooking the connecting courtyards and parking lots
“Storm,” an open industrial park with large abandoned warehouses and factories littered with heavy machinery subjected to the rain and booming approach of an impending thunderstorm
“Salvage,” a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars that offer a varied layout of open and close-quartered combat areas.
“Crash,” a war-torn urban environment centered by a downed helicopter and surrounded by vantage points from multi-story shops and destroyed buildings
“Overgrown” which features open fields with high grass and a massive dry creek bed that splits this neglected village in half.”
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack delivers five incredible new multiplayer maps. Take the action to exciting new locations, then battle across legendary landscapes from Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®.
"Carnival," a large abandoned theme park that offers lots of unique vantage points that work well for all game modes. The once vibrant rides now sit idle and neglected as perfect cover points in one of the most original multiplayer locations for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
"Fuel," a massive oil refinery with extremely long sightlines great for medium- to long-range firefights. The spacious surroundings offer a great sniper advantage; offices, warehouses, and buildings house objectives and provide opportunity for close-range firefights.
"Trailer Park," a medium-sized mobile estate with a maze of tight flank routes and lots of cover. Junk covered yards, deserted trailers, and debris-riddled surroundings offer intense firefights with a wide variety of vantage points and routes available.
"Strike," a large urban desert town, excellent for medium-to-large team games. The large monument, connecting streets, and surrounding buildings offer great firefights in Team Deathmatch, and great vantage points for objective team games.
"Vacant," a deserted Russian office complex offering a great mixture of interior and exterior combat. Long hallways with minimal cover points offer a fast escape route for potential runners, but high accuracy and fast aiming is required when advancing through this large complex.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
The best-selling first person action series of all time returns with the epic sequel to multiple “Game of the Year” award winner, "Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2." In the world’s darkest hour, are you willing to do what is necessary? Prepare yourself for a cinematic thrill-ride only Call of Duty® can deliver. The definitive Multiplayer experience returns bigger and better than ever, loaded with new maps, modes and features. Co-Op play has evolved with all-new Spec-Ops missions and leaderboards, as well as Survival Mode, an action-packed combat progression unlike any other.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 1
- Mac OS X 10.9.3 or later
- 2.2 Ghz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 13 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4850
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M
- Intel Iris
Redeploying with an arsenal of content unlike any in franchise history, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3’s first downloadable “Collection” arrives stockpiled with not only four Multiplayer/Survival Mode Maps, but two Special Ops Missions—the first time Call of Duty® has ever made Special Ops downloadable online.
Armed with just this one content pack, players can choose between heading to a militarized Central Park in Liberation, destroying scenic vistas in a seaside Italian getaway in Piazza, raining glass on New York passersby from 70-stories-up in Overwatch, and battling beside a downed Air Force One in Black Box.
As if that breadth of multiplayer variety wasn’t enough, fans of Special Ops can hop aboard snowmobiles to infiltrate a diamond mine in Black Ice or head to India, where Negotiator will leave the fate of hostages in their hands.
In a class of its own with half-a-dozen forms of content, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3’s first downloadable “Collection” offers a range of combat and co-op the likes of which has never been seen before
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 2
COLLECTION 2: TEAM UP. FACE OFF.
The second Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 DLC Collection launches with all-new Multiplayer/Survival Mode Maps, Special Ops Missions and the debut of Face Off maps. Totally new to the franchise, Face Off distills all the fun and intensity of multiplayer into a new breed of 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 close combat. In addition to this all-new game-play experience, Collection 2 deploys with 3 multiplayer maps and 2 Special Ops Missions, offering fans new venues to test their Multiplayer and Special Ops skills.
FACE OFF: WHO’S GOT YOUR BACK?
- Sanctuary: Suspended in the air one thousand feet up, you'll battle more than altitude in the towering sandstone monasteries of Central Greece. Formed over millions of years, this sanctuary's natural rock pillars have repelled invading armies and withstood the ravages of time but now they'll face your deployment. Test your skills—and the ancient monks' craftsmanship—with your arsenal of SMG's, assault rifles and shotguns. Just remember: don't look down.
- Foundation: Journey into the heart of South Korea for a decommissioned concrete factory where the cement flows and bullets fly. After decades of constructing roads and buildings, the towering facility is now a perfectly-constructed combat zone for sniping and run-and-gun rules of engagement. Don't stand in awe of the towering concrete crusher at the center of the factory unless you want to see your kill ratio meet the same fate.
- Oasis: Though once a picturesque escape for vacationers, the sprawling Hotel Oasis is now a Multiplayer paradise, with multiple lanes of combat built atop an ancient fortress.
- Kill Switch: An intense new Special Ops Mission that places your two-man team deep in enemy territory. Your mission - cripple a Russian carrier by detonating an Electromagnetic Pulse. Be the soldier on the ground, making your way to the detonation site, or play the sniper providing vital cover fire from a vantage point high above the city. Work together or risk getting overrun by a horde of hostile forces.
- Iron Clad: With one player helming an Abrams-class tank and the other escorting it on foot, you’ll clear beaches and take cover in plane wreckage as you escape Hamburg from behind enemy lines in this all-new Special Ops Mission.
- Getaway: The first “Face Off” map in Modern Warfare® franchise history, what once was a tropical beach getaway boasting exotic aquariums and oversized pools is now a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
- Lookout: Carved into a combat-weary mountainside, this new “Face Off” map pits you against your opposition in a forward observation base littered in chokepoints and tight corridors.
- Erosion: Make your way through Mediterranean ruins and ancient aqueducts, using leftover Roman masonry for thousand-year-old cover in this new “Face Off” map.
- Aground: Head to Scotland’s Orkney Islands for the latest “Face Off” map, where treacherous cliff faces, networks of caves and the rusted and ruined remains of a grounded transport ship provide for constant combat.
Experience an all-new way to play multiplayer with your friends. Totally new to the franchise, Face Off distills all the fun and intensity of multiplayer into a new breed of 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 close combat. Featuring smaller, super-concentrated multiplayer maps that are specially designed to encourage strategy, skill, and teamwork like never before.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 3
With its third DLC Collection, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 drops a combat-heavy care package of Special Ops Chaos mode, 4 new Special Ops missions, and 3 Face Off maps for the ultimate trifecta in solo and co-op gameplay. High-altitude Special Ops challenges put tactical skills to the test, with players navigating armed drones above a Russian destroyer and evading RPGs from the roof of a helicopter-swarmed hotel. Upping the ante further, Face Off firefights pit players head-to-head on a six-lane stretch of desert highway, at an abandoned crossroads near a New York overpass, and near the path of a violent tornado.Special Ops Chaos Mode: A whole new way to play Call of Duty®, Special Ops Chaos mode delivers the ultimate in arcade mayhem. Experience truly heart-pounding and adrenaline-fueled action while competing for high scores in Resistance, Village, Underground and Dome. Chain kills together against a never-ending onslaught of enemies to increase your combo multiplier and earn performance enhancing perks. Choose your route through each map to optimize weapon pickups, attack, and escape options. Play solo, split screen or online with a friend to take out as many enemies as possible before they take you down or the clock hits zero.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4
- Face Off - Intersection: A New York bridge overpass provides the backdrop for this all-new “Face Off” map in which an ultra-condensed 2-block battle zone allows players to fight on the first and second floors of surrounding apartments and bombed-out bodegas.
- Face Off - U-turn: A bombed-out, gridlocked highway provides a perfect backdrop for combatants on this all-new “Face Off” map, where oil fields burn black high above six-lanes’ worth of abandoned cars, buses and paths for attack.
- Face Off - Vortex No storm shelter can keep you safe in “Vortex,” the all-new “Face Off” map that places you just outside the danger zone of a devastating tornado.
- Special Ops Mission - Arctic Recon: Requiring surgical precision by air, land, and sea, this new Special Ops mission tasks you with destroying a Russian battleship by planting beacons for an air strike. Take control of a recon helicopter to reveal the beacon locations before fighting off forces on the ground to ensure the ship never leaves port.
- Special Ops Mission - Vertigo: The luxurious “Oasis” hotel in Dubai hosts the latest Special Ops mission, in which players must use laser-guided RPG’s to dispatch waves of helicopters. Utilize rooftop advantage to defend from waves of enemies, before parachuting to a ground-level exfil point.
- Special Ops Mission - Light 'em up: A VIP has been captured and detained within Makarov’s castle, and it’s up to you to breach the fortress and get him out. Take control of a small helicopter, secure the hostage, and evacuate before dawn’s first light in this new Special Ops mission.
- Special Ops Mission - Special Delivery: Deep behind enemy lines, an allied flight crew helplessly awaits their fate at a nearby crash site. Pairing up a soldier on the ground and a helicopter gunner equipped with care packages, the Special Ops mission objective is to overcome the enemy resistance and rescue the allied crew.
Saluting Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3's Season of Content, the fourth and final DLC collection deploys with five all-new Multiplayer Maps. Surrounded by mountains, "Gulch" sends combatants into a forgotten mining town with only mine shafts and equipment sheds for cover. The Jersey coast awaits in "Boardwalk," where fun in the sun means facing enemies on the beach. Players must earn their sea legs in "Off Shore" and "Decommission," where deadly oceanic oil rigs and a maze of rotting ocean liners provide the perfect setting for shoreline-based combat. Rounding out the collection is a trip to New Orleans’ war-torn French Quarter, where "Parish" pits players against one another amid the city's rubble.
- Decommission: A graveyard of rotting ocean liners has not only given birth to a shantytown of locals, but a mid-sized Multiplayer Map populated in choke points; providing the perfect setting for shoreline-based combat.
- Off Shore: Trapped on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, you have nowhere to go but directly at your enemies in this new Multiplayer map boasting helipads, cranes, and countless perches for snipers eager to pick off the competition. Did we mention to look down or else you may fall off?
- Gulch: Decades after fires charred this forgotten mining town, the red rock canyon gains new shades of red as a mid-sized Multiplayer Map in which the surrounding mountains, mine shafts, and equipment sheds craft a perfect setting for combat.
- Boardwalk: Head to the Jersey Coast for a sunny afternoon of boardwalk-based Multiplayer battle in which you'll face your enemies on the beach and fight for dominance at the arcade while still finding time to cut the line at the roller coaster.
- Parish: Wishful thinking won't keep you safe in New Orleans' war-torn French Quarter, where a local bombed-out parish plays host to a smaller-sized Multiplayer Map well suited for those who want to run-and-gun amid the city's rubble.