1849 Available Now
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
SomaSim's 1849 is now available for purchase and download. The city management sim is set during the California Gold Rush and gives players the task of building towns, populating them with workers, and coordinating production and trade networks to keep the towns thriving.
The year is 1849, and gold has just been discovered in California. You decide to head out west, to seek fame and wealth in the approaching Gold Rush. 1849 is available now for $12.74 (USD), 15% off the regular price.
Will you strike gold and become an overnight mining magnate? Or will you build your fortune bit by bit by supplying 49ers with pickaxes and blue jeans?
1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.
- A campaign mode that traces the development of the Gold Rush from mining camps to bustling cities. Each city scenario presents players with unique starting conditions, victory goals, and obstacle events.
- Sandbox mode with a procedurally-generated map for your location, based on geography (from the Pacific coast to the Sierra Nevada mountains), precipitation, resource availability, and starting lot size.
- Vivid old west towns with buildings lining the streets directly inspired by California’s Gold Country.
- Over 50 resources that players can dig up, farm, refine or manufacture as they build complex towns and cities.
- Developed by SomaSim, a new studio dedicated to producing deep simulation games for today’s players.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 512 MB RAM
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Monday, May 5, 2014
Friday, May 2, 2014
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.