Xenonauts Nearly Complete, Enters Polishing Stage
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a recent forum posting Goldhawk Interactive offered an update on the status of the X-Com: UFO Defense inspired Xenonauts, which is "nearly complete" and has reached the "polishing stage." The game will challenge players to fend off alien invasion by building bases, recruiting soldiers, researching new technology, and facing off against alien invaders in the sky and on the ground.
However, "complete" is not the same as "finished". I'm aware there is still work to be done on usability, balance, optimisation and stability. That will all take place during the polishing phase, which will last until we're happy with the final quality of the game.Click over to the link below for the rest.
Xenonauts: Entering "Polishing" Phase!
V21 Stable will mark us entering the polishing phase, and we'll be changing our development methodology a little:
- We will completely reset our bug trackers, and ask people to report any issue they experience with the game no matter how small or how many times it may have been reported in the past.
- We will be setting up a public issue tracker, which will list and prioritise all bugs / issues that are on our radar (only we will be able to add issues to this).
- The Beta Discussion, Community Involvement and Suggestions forums will be merged into a Balance Discussion forum, as they'll overlap quite heavily.
- We will remove the Experimental bug reporting forums.
- We'll also be starting to get the Kickstarter rewards printed up!
Xenonauts (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 17, 2014
Friday, March 14, 2014
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.