Get Early Access To 1849 At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
Early Access to SomaSim's 1849 is available now at Mac Game Store. The still in development city management sim is set during the California Gold Rush and gives players the task of building towns, populating them with workers, and coordinating production and trade networks to keep the towns thriving.
The year is 1849, and gold has just been discovered in California. You decide to head out west, to seek fame and wealth in the approaching Gold Rush.1849 Early Access is available now at Mac Game Store for $9.99 (USD).
Will you strike gold and become an overnight mining magnate? Or will you build your fortune bit by bit by supplying 49ers with pickaxes and blue jeans?
1849 is a city management game set during the California Gold Rush. Your task is to build towns, populate them with workers, and make sure that they are housed, fed, and entertained. You’ll have to manage and coordinate extensive production and trade networks to make sure your towns thrive.
This Early Access build of 1849 is only available for PC and Mac desktops, but it will be available for iPad and Android tablets at launch.
By purchasing this Early Access version today, here's what you'll get:
At launch, 1849 will include:
- Access to the current version of the game and to continuous updates. We'll be adding new scenarios, new content and refining gameplay in the coming months leading up to launch. Early Access gets you the updated content as soon as it's available.
- Input into game as we prepare 1849 for release in May. Tell us what you'd like us to change and what you think would be neat to include.
Requirement:Note: 1849 is still under development. This means the game will be improved on a regular basis, through updates that add new features, content and bug fixes. Check the features list for info on what is already available and what will be included in the final version.
- A campaign mode that traces the development of the Gold Rush from mining camps to bustling cities. Each of 20 city scenarios will present players with unique starting conditions, victory goals, and obstacle events.
- Vivid old west towns with buildings lining the streets directly inspired by California’s Gold Country.
- Over 50 resources that players can dig up, farm, refine or manufacture as they build complex towns and cities.
- Scenario replay and open-form sandbox modes.
- Classic city management simulation tailored and built specifically to be just as enjoyable on a tablet as it is on a PC.
- Developed by SomaSim, a new studio dedicated to producing deep simulation games for today’s players.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2014
Friday, February 28, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.