Insurgency Gets January 22 Release Date
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
New World Interactive recently announced a January 22 release date for Insurgency, its upcoming tactical first-person shooter for Mac and Windows PCs. The team based multiplayer shooter features cross-platform play, close quarters combat, a variety of weapons, multiple game modes, and support for up to 32 players.
About the GameFollow the links below for more information.
Insurgency (add to watch list)
Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team's survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience. The follow-up game to the award-winning Source mod, Insurgency is highly competitive and unforgivingly lethal, striking a balance between one-life gameplay and prolonged action.
Multiplayer Game Modes:
- Over 20 weapons with numerous attachments, no crosshair, and a focus on realistic weapon behavior including a free-aim system and intense suppression effects.
- 12 multiplayer and cooperative maps that take place in 6 distinctive environments ranging from Iraq to Afghanistan to Somalia.
- 5 multiplayer game modes supporting up to 32 players, with a focus on territorial control, destroying weapon caches and escorting high value targets.
- 2 cooperative game modes where you and your friends team up to complete mission-based objectives or defend an outpost against waves of swarming enemy.
- Squad system built upon role-based player classes, which are customizable and asymmetrical based on what team you are on.
- Squad-based communication system which includes 3D VOIP, allowing friendly and enemy players within proximity to hear you.
- Overhead map detailing objective and teammate locations.
- Accumulate supply to customize and upgrade your gear, affecting your weight, stamina, and movement speed.
- Simplified HUD and UI for a clean, immersive user experience focused on the action and environments.
- Highly immersive particle FX and audio to intensify the game experience.
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK and scripting system.
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility.
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux.
Skirmish --- Five objectives that can be secured to prolong your teamís survival. Each objective that is secured provides your team with an additional reinforcement wave. However, each team has a weapons cache objective that when destroyed will cut off this reinforcement gain. Matches often become an epic tug of war as both teams struggle to gain control of objective areas and cut the opposing teamís supplies. The balance of momentum easily shifts based upon a teamís strategy, where a crucial flanking maneuver can lead your team to a swift victory. Cooperative Game ModesClassic Game Modes
VIP --- One team must escort their VIP player to the extraction point. Both teams only have one life per round, so coordination is paramount. The VIP is only armed with a silenced pistol, but can pick up a weapon from a fallen enemy or teammate.
Strike --- This attack and defend mode has three weapons caches that must be discovered and destroyed. Blowing up a cache brings additional reinforcement and time for the attackers, while the defenders lose a reinforcement wave.
Search & Destroy --- Identical to Strikeís objectives, however both teams only respawn when a cache is destroyed.
Firefight --- Three territorial objectives, one for each team, plus one neutral. A team only respawns when an objective is secured. A skilled team can win a match by eliminating their opponent in less than one minute, so every life counts.
The popular modes Push and Battle are featured on ported versions of the original modís maps, including Buhriz and others in progress.
Mac System Requirements
- OS:MacOS X 10.6.6 or higher
- Processor:Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
Insurgency Pre-Release Trailer
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
Friday, January 10, 2014
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.