Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls Launches March 25
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has announced a March 25 release for the first Diablo III expansion. Reaper of Souls will challenge players to defeat Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, who seeks to seize control of the Black Soulstone. The new expansion will also offer a new hero: The Crusader, a new level 70 experience cap, new spells and abilities for existing classes, greater emphasis on randomized environments, a reworked Paragon progression, as well as two new game modes: Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials.
“In Reaper of Souls, the five original heroes from Diablo III—Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard—are joined by a new champion: the Crusader. Clad head to toe in battle-scarred armor, the Crusader is an unstoppable force of righteous destruction who channels the power of divine wrath to visit retribution upon his demonic quarry.Check out the links below for more information.
Players will embark on a dark and perilous journey across a challenging new act, venturing through terrifying landscapes; visiting the legendary city of Westmarch; and slaying countless minions, each hell-bent on bringing their quest to a grisly end. The adventure culminates in a climactic confrontation with Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, an otherworldly entity of unfathomable power whose twisted designs spell ruin for the innocent people of Sanctuary.
“With Reaper of Souls, we’re taking Diablo III back to its darker, deadlier roots and also giving players a new way to experience the game,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to adding a new character class, a new act, and tons of fully randomized new content, we’re opening up the world so players are free to explore the game as they see fit, whether it’s following along with the story line or charting their own course across Sanctuary.”
Prior to the launch of Reaper of Souls, a free update to Diablo III on Windows and Mac will bring a host of new game features, including a major revamp of the game’s loot system; an expanded Paragon progression system for max-level characters; and expanded social tools in the form of Clans and Communities. When Reaper of Souls is released on March 25, it will introduce an array of game-changing features and highly replayable content for Diablo III players who purchase the expansion, including:
All of this new content comes with the Reaper of Souls Standard Edition (available in physical and digital versions), which players can prepurchase at a suggested retail price of $39.99. Players also have the option to upgrade their prepurchase to the Digital Deluxe Edition (SRP $59.99), which contains a wealth of in-game bonuses:
- Act V: A dark and terrifying chapter sending players on a final confrontation with death itself
- The Crusader: A new playable hero—a veritable war machine made human
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
The Reaper of Souls retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition comes fully-equipped with all of the bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition and also includes a gorgeous full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, and a mouse pad bearing the impenetrable visage of Malthael, the Angel of Death. The Collector’s Edition is available at select retailers for a suggested retail price of $79.99. Players should check their local retailer for details and availability and be sure to lock in their preorder, as supplies are limited and expected to sell out quickly.
- Exclusive helm- and weapon-transmogrification recipes for players to distinguish their characters among the champions of Sanctuary
- A Spectral Hound minion players can summon to keep their adventurers company on their epic journey
- Three additional character slots to accommodate new heroes
- A World of Warcraft® in-game companion pet, the Treasure Goblin, ready to compete in Pet Battles
- A set of StarCraft® II Crusader-themed Battle.net® portraits and Malthael-themed decals
Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls
Buy Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.