FTL: Advanced Edition Coming Next Year
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Subset Games has announced an upcoming free expansion for its spaceship simulation FTL: Faster Than Light. FTL: Advanced Edition will be released next year and will include a mind control system, a hacking system, a new sector, new events, new weapons, and new effects. Subset also released a new trialer to showcase the Advanced Edition.
We’ve been working hard over the summer and are excited to finally officially announce a free expansion, FTL: Advanced Edition! FTL: AE is a huge content addition that includes new weapons, drones, augments, systems, enemies, and more. Here are some details on just a few of the additions visible in the trailer:Head over to the pages below for more information.
FTL: Advanced Edition Trailer
In addition to new content, we’ve continued to polish FTL and add some of the most requested small features. As a few examples: you’ll be able to save your crew positions and send them back to battle-stations, save and quit during combat, and find more items for purchase in stores.
For the purists out there, FTL vanilla will still be available. All of the new content can be disabled from within the hangar before starting a new game.
- Mind Control System: Temporarily turn enemies into allies. Force a boarder to repair the damage they just did, or have the enemy pilot sabotage their own helm.
- Hacking System: Lockdown and disrupt enemy systems. Unique effects for each system, ranging from forcing a teleporter remove boarders to making the medbay damage instead of heal.
- New Sector and Events: Our writer Tom Jubert has returned along with special guest writer Chris Avellone (of Planescape fame), who managed to find some time for us between his work on Project Eternity and Wasteland 2. They’ve been helping us add a new sector and scatter new events throughout the rest of the game.
- New Weapons and Effects: Many new weapons that take advantage of new mechanics: overcharging to increase the number of volleys, stun effects to freeze crew, and area effect targeting, to name a few.
- And more systems, drones, augments, enemy ships, enemy layouts, and hostile environments. All of which we’ll be sure to talk about more in the coming weeks!
FTL: Advanced Edition
FTL: Faster Than Light
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 18, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.