F1 2013 Coming This December, Pre-Order Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced that F1 2013, the FORMULA 1 racing simulation video game, will be released for the Mac in December. Developed and published by Codemasters for consoles and PC, F1 2013 offers Mac gamers the chance to experience "all the thrills of the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" and, for the first time in Codemasters’ series, race classic cars on iconic circuits in a new game mode called F1 Classics.
The Classic Edition also includes two DLC packs: The 1990s Content Pack which contains six classic cars and lets players drive as Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher, and The Classic Track Pack which contains two additional tracks.
“F1 2013 offers Mac gamers a complete racing experience,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “The Scenario and F1 Classics modes are exhilarating tests of driving skill, and the additional content packs contain decades’ worth of legendary FORMULA ONE content.”F1 2013: Classic Edition is available to pre-order now for $64.99 (USD).
F1 2013: Classic Edition (add to watch list)
F1 2013 features all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 season and includes all of the new rules, tyre changes and remodeled handling to authentically reflect the challenge and exhilaration of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE™ cars. Players will compete for motorsports’ ultimate prize over five seasons in Career mode, join up with a friend in Co-Op Championship mode and in the brand new Scenario Mode, master the unique set of challenges faced by real life FORMULA ONE drivers.
Players will also get to recreate historic FORMULA ONE in F1 Classics mode, which features famous cars, drivers and circuits from the 1980s. With a voiceover introduction by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, F1 Classics is a fictional racing series that lets players loose on Brands Hatch and Circuit De Jerez as a selection of the greatest drivers of yesteryear.
Additional content will be available in a premium edition of the video game, F1 2013: Classic Edition, which contains two DLC packs. The 1990s Content pack contains six classic cars, three each from the Ferrari and Williams teams, and lets players drive them as 1990s legends, including Damon Hill and Michael Schumacher. The Classic Track pack contains two additional tracks: Imola and Estoril, respectively the historic homes of the San Marino GRAND PRIX™ and the Portuguese GRAND PRIX.
- Career mode: From the first qualifying session in Melbourne to the dramatic final laps at São Paulo, pursue the coveted Drivers’ World Championship in an epic recreation of the full 2013 season.
- GRAND PRIX™ mode: Shape your own FORMULA ONE experience by creating custom championships with any combination of circuits from the 2013 season.
- Scenario mode: Take on 20 high-pressure challenges inspired by authentic FORMULA ONE racing situations.
- F1 Classics mode: Master the mighty cars and demanding tracks of the 1980s, and battle the era’s legendary drivers.
- Mid-session saves: Need to make a real-life pit stop? Save your progress and the next time you play, pick up exactly where you left off.
- Improved handling: Perfect your racing lines with the most realistic handling model yet.
- F1 2013: Classic Edition is a premium version that includes the 1990s Content and Classic Track packs, containing six cars and twelve drivers from the 1990s as well as the historic Imola and Estoril circuits
Buy F1 2013: Classic Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Monday, November 11, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.