Dark Matter Survival Horror Platformer Coming Soon
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Iceberg Interactive and InterWave Studios has announced a mid-october release for Dark Matter. The action oriented 2.5D survival platformer is set in a derelict spaceship inhabited by a sinister alien presence and infested with deadly parasites. Players will need to scavenge for supplies as they struggle to survive against their enemies.
Michiel Beenen, CEO at InterWave Studios says: "After Nuclear Dawn, we dedicated ourselves to a more personal project, a revival of the Metroidvania canon, but with an InterWave twist. Dark Matter is a fantastic convergence of passion and technology, a dark world to explore, a great new story to discover. We are excited to bring it to a worldwide audience thanks to Iceberg's great work."For more information head over to the page below.
Developed by InterWave Studios, Dark Matter is set in a derelict spaceship inundated by a sinister alien presence and infested with deadly parasites. As the Ensign, players must explore the adrift spaceship Endeavour through echoing, fetid hallways and facilities, scavenging for parts and blueprints, while expanding their arsenal and customizing their combat style against the intelligent and reactive enemies.
Dark Matter takes a unique spin on the survival horror genre, set in deep space, with a heavy emphasis on hard-hitting tactical combat and exploration in a beautiful 2D/3D setting. This unique side-scrolling action/survival horror game presents players with heavy tension, as they must decide whether to use environmental resources to prevent an unknown alien presence from ravaging them to pieces, or skilfully wield upgradable weapons one bullet at a time to stay alive.
Dark Matter’s key features include:
- 14 levels set in a gritty tale of deep space survival
- Four weapons, each with four ammo types
- The ability to collect scrap and alien resources to craft tools and health packs
- Specialized weapon upgrades that enable players to develop their own combat techniques
- Complex enemy AI that reacts to player actions and tactics
- Non-linear exploration and storytelling
- Elemental ammo effects enabling gamers to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to their enemies
- Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
- Uncompromisingly real-time light and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure, darkness-fuelled terror
- Clean, hand-painted textures and custom-shading techniques are combined in a unique visual style
- Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances
- Steam Cloud support for save games
- SteamPlay, available for Windows, OSX and Linux
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Monday, October 7, 2013
Friday, October 4, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.