Shadowrun Returns Berlin DLC Expands, Gets January Release
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Harebrained Schemes has revealed some new information about upcoming DLC for its recently launched Shadowrun Returns RPG. Among other things the new post details plans to expand the content in the Berlin add-on, a move which requires a January 2014 release date rather than the original October launch.
We've heard a lot of questions from you wondering what to expect from Berlin. Well, our original plan called for a modest-sized campaign that we could ship by the end of October. However, after listening to your forum discussions and feedback, it became clear that you would like to see something bigger (and so would we). So, we've decided to spend more time on Berlin to create an experience closer to the size of Dead Man’s Switch. A story of that scope will take longer, so we’re targeting January for its release. While we're still in the early stages of development and many things could change, we’d like to share what we’re planning so far. For example - we know that we want our next story to feel more like the player is part of a shadowrunning crew and contain more corporate intrigue.Check out the rest of the post at the link below.
Shadowrun Returns Berlin DLC Update
Here are the key ideas driving Berlin pre-production right now:
- A more flexible main story arc - choose which runs to complete first, and which factions to complete objectives for
- More depth to the NPC runner characters
- New weapons, outfits, portraits, music, and enemies - including more magical creatures
- Improved Physical Adept gameplay - along with additions for some of the other existing archetypes
- A European city with a very different look, “vibe”, and cast of characters
- A story that highlights the compelling themes of the Shadowrun: Germany sourcebook
- In addition, for the GMs out there, all of the environments and characters that we add in Berlin will also be available in the Shadowrun Returns Editor for anyone who has the Berlin campaign installed.
Harebrained Schemes (add to watch list)
Shadowrun Returns (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Monday, August 19, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.