StarCraft II Patch Deploys This Week
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has revealed that patch 2.0.10 will be distributed to all regions this week for its sci-fi RTS StarCraft II. The company released a trailer and a list of patch notes to give players an idea of the changes they can expect from the new update
Here are a few changes in version 2.0.10:
GENERALHead over to the page below to read more.
StarCraft II Patch Notes
A new Color Blind Mode has been added and can be enabled in the Gameplay options menu. When enabled, the following changes take effect:
- Alternate colors are used to show the build grid when “Display Build Grid” is enabled.
- Alternate colors are used to designate player colors when playing in teams.
- Placement grid textures indicating unbuildable locations have been updated to display an “X” rather than changing from green to red.
- Minimap terrain is darkened to provide more visual contrast between units and terrain.
A “Ladder Maps” option has been added to the Browse dropdown menu in Custom Games. Selecting this option will filter the map list to display only the melee maps that are being used in the current season of the ladder. The map pool from each matchmaking queue can be displayed by selecting 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 from the “Category” dropdown menu.
Two new custom observer UIs called “Split 1v1” and “Streamlined” have been added to StarCraft II and can be accessed by default from the Observer Interface dropdown in the Gameplay options menu:
- Split 1v1: A slightly more graphic-intensive interface that reorganizes player names, supply counts, and resources across the top portion of the screen.
- Streamlined: A lightweight interface that only displays resource counts in the top-right corner of the UI. This UI (or community variations of it) is commonly used for WCS broadcasts.
StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
StarCraft II Patch Trailer
Buy StarCraft II: Wings Of Liberty
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Monday, July 29, 2013
Friday, July 26, 2013
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.