Krater Comes To Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Fatshark's Krater is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The top down squad based rpg takes place inside a giant impact crater where the inhabitants live on in the aftermath of a bomb, exploring the endless caves and tunnels beneath for whatever treasures they can find.
Krater: Co-Op is the newest free expansion pack to the real-time squad based dungeon crawling adventure known as Krater. The game combines fast paced combat, tactical squad management, crafting, and questing all seen from a classic RTS perspective.Krater is available now for $3.74 (USD), a 75% discount off the regular price.
While the game’s campaign can be played offline, the Co-Op expansion adds the opportunity to tackle hours of specially designed online Co-Op dungeons and bosses. There have also been tweaks/improvements to just about everything else, from game balance to improved loot/item generation to a reworked HUD and smoother graphical performance.
The game brings you far into the future of a post-apocalyptic Sweden. Once home to IKEA, Vikings, and Minecraft, today its primitive inhabitants scavenge the broken overgrown world for technological artefacts.
At the rim of an impact site known as the Krater, three factions vie for control over the wound opening up into the world below. Consisting of an endless series of caves and tunnels filled with old world treasures and perils, the Underside stretches into the depths of the fallen Swedish civilization. You arrive at the Krater with your team of freelancers to take part in the gold rush where people come back rich or don’t come back at all.
- Co-Op Adventure - Loot together through hours of specially designed co-op missions. Conquer tough co-op bosses together and bring your spoils back to the main campaign.
- Unlimited Exploration - No matter how deep you crawl, there is always more to explore in Krater’s open world. Packed full of randomized dungeons and events, more than 60 handcrafted original locations, and 200+ quests. Locations range from small settlements to large urban areas like Solside City, a sprawling regional hub where you’ll find all sorts of NPCs and services.
- Achievements - Earn over 40 achievements online or offline.
- Uniquely Persistent Characters - Watch your team of odd personalities evolve as they level up and gain new abilities, stat increases and equipment, but also...
- Face the Consequences - Your characters must cope with the dangers of Krater - if not they will face the threat of gameplay affecting permanent injuries or even death!
- Craft Everything - From items, weapons, and gear to the abilities and powers of your characters, you can craft it all with an extensive crafting system.
- Unique Graphical Style - Krater makes great use of the new Bitsquid engine, which sports great Direct X11 graphical features and lighting effects to create a one of a kind universe full of sun soaked towns & amazing environments, colourful effects, and complicated characters.
- No mandatory connection to an online service - For those who would rather stay clear of online gaming services and login screens, Krater provides the entire Single-Player campaign in ‘offline’ mode.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 2.2 GHz Dual Core Intel Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 1.3 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, July 19, 2013
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013
Friday, July 12, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.