Black Talons Sci-Fi Tactics Game Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Camel 101 has announced Black Talons, a new real time tactics game set in a sci-fi universe. The game will feature a mercenary commander trying to prevail in a ravaged star system, and is set in the world of its real time strategy title, Gemini Wars. Camel 101 has also released a new website and teaser trailer to showcase some of the game's elements.
Key featuresBlack Talons is in development for Mac and Windows PCs. No release date has yet been revealed.
Black Talon Trailer
- Persistent and customizable squads.
- Deep campaign mode. The actions of the player directly affect the balance of power on the system. There is one main objective to achieve, but there's much more to do.
- Customizable Battlecruiser. The Battlecruiser serves as the base of operations, and can be customized with weapons or infrastructures that will boost the squad numbers, teleport soldiers or even bombard the battlefield.
- Faction relations. There are a number of neutral minor factions in the game. These factions will have missions available for contract work. When the player completes missions for a certain faction, the relations will improve with that faction. On the other hand, completing missions against a faction will lower the relations with it. Having good relations allows the player to train or buy units unique to that faction. Having bad relations will make that faction randomly attack the player during missions.
- Upgradeable and unique (per class) skill tree for all units
- 5 worlds with different environments and weather conditions that directly affect the battle: rain, fog, snow, ionstorms and more insane stuff.
- Different unit classes with specialized roles: Recon, Tactical, Assault, Support, Engineer. Each class can carry a different set of weapons and has its own abilities. Powerful mechs can enter the battlefield with salvaged or bought equipment and weapons.
Camel 101 is an independent and self funded game development studio, focused on creating fun and entertaining games. We have a solid background in engine and game development. Our team comes from Camel Entertainment, where we gained experience making games for PC and consoles. Our titles are available in most online and retail channels, and range from casual puzzle games to war strategy simulations.
Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Monday, May 27, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.