What are our goals for HEX?Check out the pages below for a more detailed description of the game's proposed features.
That’s what we want to provide for you … but we need your help!
- We want to bring together both experienced TCG veterans and new players who have never played a collectible card game before. The game is free to download and play, so anyone can give it a try!
- We want you to join guilds with other TCG players and practice dueling with the latest deck builds.
- We want you to enter online TCG tournaments and win awesome prizes.
- We want you to take your TCG skills and have them drive an RPG experience, unlocking new cards and treasure, as well as developing your character within a compelling, completely original story.
- Most of all, we want the experience to be deep, engaging, and polished.
HEX takes everything you would expect from a full, deep trading card game and combines it with a massively multiplayer online role-playing game
Let’s start by discussing the elements of the TCG.
The great news is that HEX was designed from the ground up to take advantage of the “digital” part of “digital TCG”. This means we have innovated a number of fun and unique ways of doing things that have never been done before in a TCG, which are detailed below.
Here at Cryptozoic, our bread and butter is creating polished TCGs; it’s how we make our living. When it comes to producing a balanced and deep TCG experience, the design is king. The fun digital features will always support and enhance the play experience, and never trump it. Features like clean resource tracking, transforming cards, and allowing you to easily broadcast your games to viewers across the internet are all possible due to innovation in the digital space.
For experienced TCG players, we have designed the card set around Booster Draft and Limited play. We have engineered the card sets to launch three times a year, like a standard TCG. We have put a tremendous amount of work into creating the best possible online TCG experience, both in terms of balance and design, as well as a graphical polish.
Not only that, but surrounding this TCG is an amazing online role-playing experience
As can be expected from the company that makes the World of Warcraft TCG, we are a company filled to the brim with hardcore MMORPG players, and some of our designers have even built MMORPGs in the past. For example, Kevin Jordan, who was one of the three original designers of the universe’s most successful MMORPG, World of Warcraft, is now the lead for the HEX MMORPG elements.
As hardcore MMORPG players, we had a huge list of features that we thought could really make an online TCG incredible! Not the least of which is a robust, story-based PVE experience, complete with dungeons and raids and monsters and loot, all tied around playing a card game. When we started thinking about PVE, community, guilds, auction houses, factions, storytelling (all the stuff that makes an MMORPG fun), we knew that HEX could be something special, something that had never been done before!