Mage's Initiation Coming To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Himalaya Studios' Kickstarter campaign for Mage's Initiation has ended successfully, surpassing its funding target and the $120,000 target needed for the creation of a native Mac version of the game.
Mage's Initiation is a role playing adventure title inspired by classic Sierra Online series like Quest for Glory and King's Quest. Some of the game's features include hi-res graphics, 4 characters classes from which to choose, a full length non-episodic story, an original stats system integrating game score with XP, a unique set of spells for each mage class, and an open-field battle system.
Mac backers will get the Wineskin wrapped version when the Windows release is out, then get a free upgrade to the native version once it is ready.Head over to the page below for more information.
Mage's Initiation Kickstarter
Mage's Initiation is a Role-Playing / Adventure Game hybrid, very similar in style and execution to Sierra On-Line's classic Point-&-Click Quest for Glory and King's Quest series. It maintains all the charm of classic and timeless adventure games of yesteryear while adding 21st century innovation to the mix - like multiple game interfaces, and a free-range magical combat system!
We're all very big fans of the adventure genre here at Himalaya Studios, and we feel that Sierra's games really hit their peak in the early 90s. We're working hard to provide a nostalgic experience, reminiscent of that golden era of 2D Sierra adventures circa 1993-1994.
Mage's Initiation has a medieval / fantasy setting and it features multiple playable character classes, spell-casting, and an open-field magical combat system, complete with equippable items and monster loot drops!
In the quiet, provincial realm of Iginor, evil is stirring. Dangers abound on all sides: the forest, wastelands, and even the once-protective mountains look to the tiny town with glaring eyes. Into this, a young, would-be Mage sets forth to prove himself worthy of joining the ranks of his brethren. This is his journey. A Mage's Initiation.
You assume the role of D'arc, a sixteen-year-old Initiate who must complete a trio of tasks set by his Mage Masters. Journey through the medieval-styled realm of Iginor. Brave a goblin-infested forest. Navigate a vast lake to encounter an evil so pure, not even beauty can disguise it. Ascend to the peaks of Flyteria, a valley of winged warriors once dedicated to protection of the human town.
Succeed and D'arc shall take his place among his fellow Mages.
Fail and nobody shall remember his name
Earth, Air, Fire, Water... the choice will affect your game-play. From combat strategy to spells and puzzles, each class provides a unique set of challenges. With four ways to live (and re-live) the adventure, you're sure to discover great replay value!
- Inspired by Sierra On-Line’s "Quest for Glory" series
- Hi-res, Point & Click Adventure / RPG (up to 1280 x 960)
- 4 character classes with unique quests provide multiple replay value.
- Choice of Interface. Play with a Sierra Icon Bar or LucasArts Verb Coin.
- Full-length, self-contained (non-episodic) story.
- An original stats system, integrating game score with XP. No grinding!
- A unique set of spells for each Mage class.
- Equip an array of mystical gems to enhance your spell-casting.
- Lay waste to a horde of monsters in an open-field battle system.
- Loot drops of various worth, ranging from common to extremely rare.
- Buy scrolls to identify unknown items. Sell and trade them for profit!
- 30+ dialog portraits - fully voiced and lip-synced.
- Over 80 beautifully illustrated screens by John Paul Selwood (Hero-U).
- A magical musical soundtrack by Brandon Blume (King's Quest 3 Redux)
- Decision points that will resonate across (already planned) sequels!
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.