The Showdown Effect Now Available
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Paradox Interactive's The Showdown Effect is now available. The 2.5D multiplayer action game is inspired by 80’s and 90’s action movies "where champions from different eras of time fight to the death, for fun, for glory and for awesome." In the game players will battle for the upper hand using a variety of different weapons. The Showdown Effect features a multiplayer mode for up to 8 participants, multiple game modes, numerous heroes, and dynamic environments.
The Showdown Effect is a 2.5D multiplayer action game inspired by 80’s and 90’s action movies. Champions from throughout time fight to death for fun, for glory and for awesome.The Showdown Effect is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Paradox Interactive (add to watch list)
The Showdown Effect recreates the outrageous combat found in classic action movies and then takes it one step further. Use weaponry pulled straight from the silver screen's unparalleled arsenal: shotguns, baseball bats, assault rifles, umbrellas, grenades, katanas, rocket launchers and more.
No explosion is too loud and no bullet dodge is impossible. Impale your friend with a broomstick and tell them to “Stick around” as you jetpack off to the next enemy. The Showdown Effect also uses integrated streaming technology to live stream directly to Twitch.tv, without the need for third party software.
The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
- Bonus Playable Character - Mizu Ichiban
- 2 Weapon Skins – Hand Crossbow and Golden Axe (cosmetic)
- 2 Wearable Sets – Magicka Robe and Knight’s Armor (cosmetic)
- 1 Giftable Copy of Magicka
- Permanent +3% XP Boost (XP mainly used for cosmetic unlocks)
- Official Soundtrack
- Up to 8 player fast paced, cinematic, multiplayer action
- In-game, out-of-the box streaming capability to Twitch.tv (MAC support coming soon)
- 6 clichéd characters , each with unique abilities
- 4 levels across two different environments
- 4 different free for all and team based game modes
- Solo matchmaking using ELO rating system
- Custom rules sets to create your own game modes – Pistols only!
- Progressive rewards and unlocks for character and weapon customization
- Experience the most over-the-top action sequences from your favorite movies across different environments
- Numerous heroes, dozens of weapons, hundreds of moves - infinite fun
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB VRAM
- Video (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
- Video (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
The Showdown Effect (add to watch list)
The Showdown Effect Trailer
Buy The Showdown Effect
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Monday, March 4, 2013
Friday, March 1, 2013
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.