Tranquility 4.0 Offers Offline Play
10:04 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
MacGameFiles has posted an update to Tranquility, a curious 3D game with subscription-based play. This new version includes several requested features, including the ability to play without being connected to the Internet. Here are details:
Fixes/ChangesTranquility is certainly a unique gaming experience; be sure to grab the demo and give it a try if you haven't already.
Version 4.0 includes:
BY POPULAR DEMAND - LOCAL PLAY!! Snapshot up to 7 of your favorite Game Levels so you can play them anytime and anywhere - even without the Internet!
• Initial startup menu - avoids having to go to the Internet at startup!
• Channel 4, Relaxation Station - lets players replay their favorite levels just for fun and relaxation.
• Channel 5, TQradio - Lets you listen to tranquility music in the background while you work. Even includes a 'sleep to tranquility music' option.
• Channel 6, TQworld Builder - Watch us develop the TQworld Builder. This module will let you create your own games and levels!
• New keyboard keys for head movement and pause (see the website for more info), better resource handling for easier upgrades... and lots of other cool changes and features!
Tranquility 4.0 (10 MB)
In related news, MacGamer has posted a review of Tranquility, awarding it five out of a possible five. While the review neglects to mention that the game is $24 a year for unlimited online play, it is a good overview of the style of play and features this game has to offer. The system requirements for Tranquility are MacOS 9.0.4, a G3 or G4 processor 300 Mhz or faster, an Internet connection and an OpenGL-capable 3D graphics card.
Tranquility Review at MacGamer
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, February 19, 2001
Friday, February 16, 2001
Thursday, February 15, 2001
Wednesday, February 14, 2001
Tuesday, February 13, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.