Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy 2.0 Patched
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Battlefront.com recently announced the release of a patch for Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy 2.0. Version 2.01 includes a variety of updates to the game including updates to aiming, rates of fire, and general performance improvements. A Mac specific crash bug was also fixed in 2.01.
At last, the first free update for the 2.0 Upgrade for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is available! And it comes with a number of notable tweaks, fixed and changes:Check out the link below for more information.
Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy 2.01
New 2.01 Feature List:
Special Note: MGs now have more effective aiming, rates of fire, and suppression effects. These highly requested changes make combat even more realistic and more challenging tactically. Some players will find their existing tactics may need some adjustments, others may find no significant need for change. We recommend practicing attacks on MG positions before continuing an in progress Campaign or game against another player.
- Corrected issues with deploying MGs in buildings.
- Soldiers fire weapons faster at short ranges, especially Garand rifles.
- Small arms fire causes more suppression than before.
- General improvements to MG performance behavior. See note below this list for more information.
- Sandbags, wire, foxholes, hedgehogs, and trenches are correctly treated as "lower down" for spotting purposes.
- Pistol accuracy slightly reduced.
- BAR range increased to 800m.
- Shaders optimized for nVidia and ATI.
- Moving a mortar even a short distance causes greater loss of target acquisition.
- Bunker-mounted MGs are more accurate than before.
- SS leaders have correct poncho camouflage pattern.
- Corrected an accuracy problem with on-map indirect fire.
- Crews bailed out of destroyed vehicles have more jittery morale.
- Corrected a vehicle navigation problem on bridges.
- Target line for area fire is slightly thicker to differentiate it.
- Shooting at bunkers from very short range works better.
- Daimler SOD given a mounted Bren LMG.
- Fixed a bug causing immobilized MG teams after dismounting from MG bunkers.
- Purple "pop smoke" target line goes away when it should.
- Better small-arms aiming at unarmored vehicles.
- Minor TO&E fixes.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused weapons crews to move back to an old position when deploying their weapon.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Macs to crash while loading scenarios.
Battlefront.com (add to watch list)
Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy (add to watch list)
Buy Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 15, 2013
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.