SiN 1.1.2 Patch Released
3:17 PM | Andy Largent | Comment on this story
MacPlay has released a new patch for SiN, the action FPS originally from Ritual Entertainment. This version 1.1.2 resolves issues many gamers were complaining about, so definitely give it a try if you're having troubles in the game. Here's a list of changes:
- Cannot assign "USE" key in InputSprocket.
- Launching SiN generates the following error message: "The Application "SiN" could not be opened, because "SiN" could not be found."
- Game crashes when a movie plays on a multi monitor system, and one of the video cards is a 3dfx Voodoo card.
- Game crashes with a type 12 error on video card/monitor configs that don't support gamma (Voodoo 3/5 with the Apple 15" display).
- If Extensions folder is not called "Extensions" (as in some localized versions of MacOS), SiN couldn't find the Indeo plug in.
- SiN crashes intermittently with a "Type 2" error.
- Pulse Rifle in Wages of SiN displayed incorrectly.
- When logging into a server that has a map that you don't have. SiN will begins downloading the map, then gives a "Rename Failed" error.
- Video Option menu in Wages of SiN fixed.
- After winning Wages of SiN, video mode defaults to 1024x768.
- Saved games from Wages of SiN conflicting with SiN saved games.
- When selecting a video mode larger than your desktop mode, a window is created that only contains a portion of the game screen.
- When playing Capture the Flag from GameRanger, the HUD displays improperly.
- General issues handling multi-monitor systems.
- Display cards that don't support 8 bit modes can not be used.
- When using a non-English localized version of InputSprocket, the Arrow keys, escape key and return key don't work.
As you can tell, they've been hard at work nailing down the bugs in the game. Head over to Macgamefiles now to download the patch.
Download SiN 1.1.2 Patch (3 MB)
MacPlay Web Site
Buy Sin Gold
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, February 16, 2001
Thursday, February 15, 2001
Wednesday, February 14, 2001
Tuesday, February 13, 2001
Monday, February 12, 2001
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.