Update For The Witcher Adds Lion & Mountain Lion Support
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
CD Projekt has announced the release of a new patch for the Mac version of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. Version 1.6.2 bundles the previous fixes made available in the 1.6.1 patch with an updated compatibility for Apple's Lion and Mountain Lion. Based on the writings of Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, the fantasy RPG follows the exploits of The Witcher, a monster slayer known as Geralt. Players must make difficult decisions in a world of gray areas as they struggle against forces bent on taking control of the world.
Changes in version 1.6.2 (10th Oct. 2012)Head over to the pages below for more information.
The Witcher: Mac Updates
Changes & fixes in version 1.6.1 (20th Sept. 2012)
- The compatibility layer software is upgraded to the latest version. In effect, the game can now be successfully launched on OS X Lion 10.7.5 and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
- Problems with memory allocation resulting in crashes and "Out of memory!" messages have been corrected resulting in stability in tests improving by 30% or even by 80% depending on the computer's components.
- Major improvements have been introduced regarding the process of graphics effects' rendering.
- Most of the issues with crashes occurring during locations' loading have been fixed.
- Additionally, a small, yet noticeable performance improvement has been achieved, especially on older Macs.
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
Friday, October 5, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.