FTL: Faster Than Light Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Subset Games recently released FTL: Faster Than Light for Mac and Windows PCs. Described as a "spaceship simulation roguelike-like," the game gives players the chance to engage in exploration and combat in the vastness of outer space as they struggle to save the galaxy.
About the Game:For more information follow the link below.
FTL: Faster Than Light
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
- Complex Strategic Gameplay - Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Play at Your Own Speed - Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Unique Lifeforms and Technology – Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races.
- Be the Captain You Want - Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Randomized Galaxy - Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- No Second Chances! - Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
- OS:Mac OS X 10.5.8 or above
- Processor:Intel 2 GHz
- Memory:1 GB RAM
- Graphics:1280x720 minimum resolution, OpenGL 2.0 Support, and recommended dedicated graphics card with 128 MB of RAM
- Hard Drive:175 MB HD space
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, September 14, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Monday, September 10, 2012
Friday, September 7, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.