PakRat 0.7 Released
12:03 PM | Toby Allen | Comment on this story
PakRat, currently the only Mac tool for Quake 3 Arena, has been updated yet again. This tool can already view 3D models from the game, but this time around the PakRat team have added a great new feature: a Quake 3 map viewer. You will be able to view all the maps you have downloaded without the hassle of starting a server in Q3, which is a great time saver. In addition to that, the team has improved the rendering and shaders engine, as well as made the source code available to the public. Here is the list of added features:
- Quake 3 Map viewer.We also recommend that you read the ReadMe file to learn how to use all of the new features. If you have any ambition to create Q3A skins for the existing models, PakRat is the tool to have.
PakRat Web Site
- Press TAB to jump to the next item.
- Press CONTROL TAB to jump to the next weapon.
- Press CONTROL SHIFT TAB to jump to the BFG.
- Models now animate at the correct frame rate.
- Press SPACE BAR to pause model animation.
- Drag and drop image and skin files onto models.
- Drag and drop to Finder to export raw resources.
- Double click to open folders.
- New text handling (now opens files bigger than 32K).
- .wal support.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Download PakRat 0.7
PakRat Source Code
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.