SpellTower Now Available For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Zach Gage recently announced the Mac release of SpellTower, a word game previously available for iOS devices. In the game players score by creating words from a jumble of tiles in one of four game modes. SpellTower Mac features include a redesigned control scheme, Retina Macbook Pro support, and Mountain Lion Game Center functionality.
Find and select words in 4 challenging modes. Make long words or use bonus tiles to clear extra letters from the screen!Click over to the page below for more information about the game.
RE-IMAGINED FOR MAC
WORDS + STRATEGY = AWESOME
- Support For Retina MacBook Pro
- Supports Game Center in Mountain Lion (10.8)
- Three Ways To Control Make SpellTower Feel Great Even Without a Touch Screen!
- Hold and Drag
- Click Each Letter
- Click to start spelling, Click again to submit
Pick your words wisely! As you work, more tiles rise from the bottom of the screen, and it'll take all of your lexicological wits and tactical know-how to keep them down. If any of the letters make it to the top row, it's game over.
FOUR AMAZING MODES
- TOWER MODE : No pressure here. Try and get the highest score possible out of 150 letters, eliminating small words to set up 7- and 8-letter blockbusters!
- PUZZLE MODE : Every word you make adds a new row of letters! Strategic word finding at its best.
- EXTREME PUZZLE MODE : Puzzle mode with the minimum word length cranked up. Experts only!
- RUSH MODE : Rows of letters build up over time. Find words as fast as you can, but be careful you don't back yourself into a corner!
GAME CENTER leader boards and achievements for each mode and highest scoring word!
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.