Awesomenauts Coming To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Ronimo has announced work on Mac and Windows PC versions of Awesomenauts, an online multiplayer platforming battle arena game currently only available for consoles. The game features 3 on 3 multiplayer action, 8 unique characters, and a variety of unlockable items.
A few years ago we at Ronimo set out to create a great platforming MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game. This resulted in the release of Awesomenauts for XBLA and PSN a few months back. A great looking and addictive sidescrolling MOBA, a first for consoles. But ever since we've shown the first screens and videos, we've been getting tons of requests to also bring this game to PC.Head over to the links below for more information.
Awesomenauts (add to watch list)
Well, we agree! We love the idea of being able to play Awesomenauts with our friends through Steam using our trusty mice and keyboards. So we went ahead and actually built it! To speed things up we've been getting a lot of help and support from our fans, quickly translating new texts and giving us valuable feedback on the balance and new controls.
Within a month everyone will be able to grab a copy of Awesomenauts on Steam! Soon you will be able to experience the game using your favorite input devices. A Mac version will follow shortly afterwards.
And if that's not soon enough we'll be starting a closed beta within the week! Keep an eye on our facebook to stay up to date.
We plan to support all versions of Awesomenauts with updates and new content in the future! Starting with the console patch, which will go live very soon!
Awesomenauts is currently available on PSN ($9,99) and XBLA (800MSP) and coming to PC & Mac soon!
- 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright 80's cartoon style
- 8 very unique and highly customizable characters, each with their own attacks and skills
- Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using splitscreen
- Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
- Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
- Advanced matchmaking which allows you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
- Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
- Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
Friday, July 13, 2012
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.