6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Reality Pump and TopWare Interactive have announced work on Sacrilegium, an upcoming new survival horror title. The game will follow the exploits of a young woman named Alex who must face the horrific Moroi, modern vampires more deadly and terrifying than the legends suggest.
The in-house development team that’s responsible for creating many successful franchises such as the "Two Worlds" titles, or the acclaimed "Earth" series, is looking to revive and renew the survival horror genre in terms of story and atmosphere, as well as in the gameplay and level design, as they look to set the new standards.Sacrilegium is coming to a variety of platforms, including Mac. Read more at the link below.
The story is about Alex, a 20-year Californian - smart, friendly and independent. She’s a college student that while fully aware of her breathtaking beauty, she never is looking to use it to her advantage. Keeping in shape with combat and self-defense training, she’s honed specific martial art skills that will come to her aid during her perilous journey through the province of "Sacrilegium". Being the adventurous type, she jumps head first into a maelstrom of events, descending with her friends into a world beyond the known reality. The complex and multifaceted action drives the young heroine half around the globe, from the foggy banks of San Francisco to the remotest corners of Europe. She encounters a large array of dangerous and mysterious monstrosities along the way, including the enigmatic Moroi – a creature most resembling a vampire, but able to eat a vampire for breakfast. Alex must utilize all of her skills and survival instincts, employing her knowledge and heart to survive and to save her soul from certain corruption. Sacrificing her own mortality for the safety of her friends, Alex discovers more than she ever bargained for on the road to truth and salvation, with unforeseen and unnatural twists and secrets revealed, right up until the very end.
"Sacrilegium" is realized on the new GRACE 2 engine (Graphics Rendition And Creation Engine), which was also developed by Reality Pump Studios. The predecessor of this engine was already the basis for "Two Worlds 2" and it attributed largely to the success of the title. But Reality Pump did not rest on these laurels, but once again pushed the properties of the program forward. The first pictures of the results will be available very soon, with the exact features of this engine being presented at a later date. It’s no exaggeration to say that the results of the GRACE 2 Engine, will leave players awestruck.
"It pleased us", said Miroslaw Dymek, CEO of Reality Pump Studios, "that we succeeded to develop the GRACE 2 engine in a way, that enables us to present models and landscapes that make photos look like charcoal drawings compared to the game. After all the years that we ‘ve dealt with the appearance of medieval stories, it was time to pool the experience acquired and integrate that into a modern action adventure. We’ve definitely achieved that with "Sacrilegium".
- A dark, thrilling tale with a captivating atmosphere, full of twists and turns, surprises and rewards.
- A constant feeling of tension, trepidation, and fear of the unknown and the unseen, combined with visceral action rewarded by the excitement of progression.
- Breathtaking graphics: the magic of the revolutionary GRACE 2 Engine renders models and locations so real they can make a photo album look like a charcoal sketch, breathing life into the characters and environments with the dark brush of intensity and enthralling entertainment.
- Ultra-realistic motion-capture: state-of-the art equipment has faithfully reproduced every action and reaction, from the fluid movement of the body to the tiniest twitch in facial expressions.
- AI powered enemies with unique animations always matching the environment, whenever and wherever they may be encountered.
- Multiple ranged weapons: from handguns to crossbows, Alex's deadly arsenal will whet all appetites.
- Unparalleled animations make each character come alive: every entity in the game has been given a unique, separately designed set of animations more realistic than ever seen before.
- Cinematic fights and sequences: each one acted out by stage professionals and martial arts experts and all directed separately by film industry virtuosos.
- Chopper Chase: like a futuristic road warrior, Alex will blast through the Old Continent on an appropriated police motorbike, as her enemies scatter in all directions.
- Gripping Quick Time Events: heart pounding as you race against the clock, only nerves of steel will prove worthy in these sudden, stirring situations.
- Eye-tracking: 3D-ET™ - the revolutionary proprietary technology that offers three dimensions, providing a more real and captivating experience than any other implementation available today. Already tested and reverently welcomed by actual PC players.
- Supports stereoscopic 3D
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
Friday, June 1, 2012
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.